concern

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

concern

Postby gd145 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:34 pm

hey paul question when i cast on dry land my overcast i have to quit game and resume to start fishing again also did you add an anchor and if so how do i get to it
gd145

Re: concern

Postby paul » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:13 am

There's a simple anchor function in the current build. Press D to drop anchor after you stop the boat. Using either motor will lift the anchor.

Do you have the latest update installed? Or perhaps just reinstalling might fix the over-cast issue. The game automatically closes the reel when your lure flies over land so you shouldn't need to reel in a lot of line just to get the lure to the water.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Fisherman » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:23 pm

The same thing happened to me during a recent bass tournament at Crystal Lake. I had caught a good limit and made a cast too near shore. My lure got stuck and no amount of reeling or rod tweeking would free it.I had to get to the dock to weigh-in and tie was running out. My in game solution was to drive my boat(still in fishing mode, so only trolling power) towards the dock, my line trailing behind me. Halfway there the lure snapped back, just ahead and to the side of my boat. I was able then to reel it in and proceed to weigh-in.
Fisherman

Postby paul » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:44 pm

Interesting... I'll see if I can recreate the problem and get to the bottom of it. Once I get my development machine back to life. My primary computer died suddenly yesterday. Everything for the games is backed up - no worries there, but I'll be set back a bit as I get the system repaired or replaced and the development environment set up again.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Justin Douglas » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:18 pm

I just got the game the other day and noticed the lure got stuck i just quit then went in and continued. The game seems to work good on my computer until it is cloudy or raining then seems to be slow. I'm guessing that probably has to do with my computer.
Justin Douglas
Justin Douglas

Postby reelfish074 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:53 pm

Justin Douglas wrote:I just got the game the other day and noticed the lure got stuck i just quit then went in and continued. The game seems to work good on my computer until it is cloudy or raining then seems to be slow. I'm guessing that probably has to do with my computer.

same thing happend to me. after having some larger problems later (blue screen of death o.O) I got a new video card. now, even on the highest graphics, it works fine
reelfish074

Postby paleodust » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:45 pm

Well, if you guys would quit trying to catch the land animals, it might not be an issue. :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
paleodust

Postby reelfish074 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:52 pm

paleodust wrote:Well, if you guys would quit trying to catch the land animals, it might not be an issue. :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

one word: LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol:
reelfish074

Postby Justin Douglas » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:08 am

I'm more accurate at casting in real life LOL I guess I need to work on my timing in the game.
Justin Douglas

Return to VR Sportfishing