GoLive2 Stix 400 controller - first impression...

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

GoLive2 Stix 400 controller - first impression...

Postby gonefishin » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:53 pm

... annoying!

It's affordable and looks great. But for gameplay, it's annoying. I grabbed it for $10 off of eBay. The software setup is easy but it acts flaky at first (it always insists there is an updated driver available, when it just links to the same thing over and over...). Technically, it works. Does it provide a Wii-like experience? Not really. The Wii uses Bluetooth and it seems the Stix is IR-based. The control seems more restrictive. So how does it work with VR SportFishing? Not that great, in my opinion. At first I didn't even know it was working in the game until I headed out onto the lake. The game seems to only support a few functions - cast, reel, and troll. I need more time playing with this to try to get the feel of the VR experience Paul intended.

http://www.golive2.com
gonefishin

Re: GoLive2 Stix 400 controller - first impression...

Postby codafish » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:42 pm

Thanks for the review. Is there a wired joystick that works better? This mouse doesn't work too well.
codafish

Postby paleodust » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:24 am

It sounds like it might not be worth it. Have you changed your opinion or do you still feel like it's not all that great?
paleodust

Postby gonefishin » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:17 am

I haven't used the Stix 400 in months now. It's gathering dust on the shelf next to the PC, along with the VR headset. I'm holding off on selling both until trying the next VRSF update.
gonefishin

Postby Codygamer23 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:08 pm

What did you look up on ebay to find the game? I really want it but dont want to pay 50 bucks?
Codygamer23

Postby allen05 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:16 am

Hello first!
Well i downloaded the demo, installed everything, registered my demo version and when the loading screen appeared i went to work.
When i came back and was ready for some fishing action :lol: , the game crashed with the message that it found a error and it had to be closed. So i just clicked close now to restart the game and started the game again.
And it loaded faster this time but a message appeared "You've reached the time limit for the free demo version"

I thought it might be another error or a minor bug, so i tryed to register my demo version again but i couldnt.

Can somoene help? :roll:
jimmy
allen05

Return to VR Sportfishing