whats next?

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

whats next?

Postby reelfish074 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:47 pm

We all want to know what your going to add to vrs next =)
reelfish074

Re: whats next?

Postby paul » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:36 am

Right now I'm focused on fixing any and all bugs in the content that's there. I've made some improvements in the lure vs. bait effectiveness, but there are times when the logic suggests a certain lure should work very well yet somehow it still doesn't get as many hits as the bait, so I need to fix that. There are some more minor issues on my list, and the need for a self-tuning function to set the graphics options appropriately the first time the game runs.

When that's one I need to spend some time on the marketing. With the new features I think the game should be able to attract a lot of new cutsomers. Sales have been slow this summer, but I've spent almost all my time on the improvements to the game and not enough on getting the word out. I need to get some new videos on YouTube to show off the new features, get the free demo version onto more web sites, get some people to write reviews of the game, etc. It's still my goal to get up in the top 5 or 10 on Google for "fishing game" or "fishing games". If I can get some more reviews on different sites that will really help. Overall it's getting better but it fluctuates a lot. Yesterday Pishtech was number 8 for "fishing games" (the highest ever) and today it's back into the 20s.

Then when I have time to start adding more new features, my high-priority list includes: Walking/wading, trolling, fly fishing, rivers, personal and more species including catfish, sturgeon and salmon. I'm considering some more improvements to the graphics, too. That would include more detailed trees, more vegetation on the shore, etc. Those would be options that you would only enable if you've got a pretty high-end video card, though. I hope to be able to have all of that done before the end of the year. On-line multiplayer is one I'd really love to get in there, so when time allows I'll start researching that too.

Tight lines,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby gonefishin » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:08 am

As soon as I get my new powerhouse PC built and running VRSF I'm gonna reg it. A huge way to get the game recognized and favored by people is to add network play - player vs. player, tournaments and so forth. Is this implemented yet? (I haven't kept up with all the latest changes.) Also you mentioned bait vs. lure - does this mean live bait is implemented already?
gonefishin

Postby paul » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:14 pm

Yes, the live bait is in the latest beta update. There are red worms, grubs, nightcrawlers, minnows and shiners, either on a sinking rig or with a slip bobber. The fish seem less willing to hit lures now, and that's the issue I'm working on.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Return to VR Sportfishing