smallmouth challenge

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

smallmouth challenge

Postby reelfish074 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:46 pm

post your smallmouth records and see who can get the biggest!
my biggest is a 7.2 pounder caught with a small "pike" colored shallow crankbait while casting for pike on crystal lake

Just now I was following the shoreline of spider lake looking for some fish when i saw a large school of walleye.I switched to a ultralight spinning rod and a small crankbait and caught a few. suddenly a HUGE smallmouth took my crankbait and dashed off with it. I fought it about a minute when the line broke. I was P.O.'ed... it was my last crankbait :cry:

Current record: 8.2 pounder by 71__cuda
Last edited by reelfish074 on Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
reelfish074

Re: smallmouth challenge

Postby paul » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:05 pm

Great fish stories! I'll have to try for a big smallmouth myself. I'll do that to test the new update before I post it.

I've got the new weather and lighting effects just about finished now, and it's looking better than I'd ever hoped. I'm really pleased with the sunsets and sunrises, the way storms move in, and yes, we've got thunderstorms, better rain with sound, etc.. It's pretty spooky driving out on the lake in a heavy downpour where you can only see a hundred yards or so, and getting an occasional glimpse at the shoreline when lightning flashes. It's also got owls and frogs singing at night. Of course the fish activity changes with the time of day and the weather, so the whole experience is a lot more dynamic now. At dawn and dusk on Eagle Lake in the summer the walleyes really turn on.

I'll see what I can do to top that smallmouth of yours, but that's going to be tough to beat.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Mydnyte » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:28 pm

Wow, nice smallmouth!

I've had the same thing happen, I switched to a lighter rod/reel combo to go after some perch and then had a huge smallmouth smash my lure and take off. I tried to go easy and reel him in, but it didn't last long. :|

And the updates sound awesome! Can't wait!
Mydnyte

Postby reelfish074 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:50 pm

yay :) I still have the record
reelfish074

Postby reelfish074 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:08 pm

I just caught a 5.6 pounder in eagle lake using a crankbait off the dock! I was using 6 pound line when i first saw it then switched to 20 pound line and caught it

this is barely smallmouth realated but still... i was in a bass tourney catching more smallies then largemouths. I was casting a popper out into the weeds when something huge took the bait and swam off with it. After wasting a few game hours of game time i finally caught it, "it" was a 19.8 pound pike :shock:

I was using a bobber fishing for walleye at midnight when a small pike took it. I misclicked on options which i quickly exited out. then... the tension bar went blank and i reeled it up. I had a zero point zero pound smallmouth! any idea what happened?
reelfish074

Postby 71__cuda » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:56 am

I just got an 8.2 pound smallmouth, put up one heck of a fight
71__cuda

Postby reelfish074 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:10 am

*revives thread*
reelfish074

Return to VR Sportfishing