updates

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Re: updates

Postby paul » Mon May 18, 2009 3:00 am

It's coming sometime Monday. I hope to have it uploaded by around 3 pm my time (US Central, about 15 hours from now.) I wrapping up some of the changes now. In the morning I'll be testing and uploading it.

Tight lines,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby wolf » Mon May 18, 2009 3:06 am

no worries fogot was a day ahead down here thanks pual
wolf

Postby bones » Mon May 18, 2009 5:18 pm

paul wrote:It's coming sometime Monday. I hope to have it uploaded by around 3 pm my time (US Central, about 15 hours from now.) I wrapping up some of the changes now. In the morning I'll be testing and uploading it.

Tight lines,

Paul

Paul my finger is poised on my mouse for this update link, I've been refreshing the page every minute(kidding) u.k time 6.15pm
i was trying to work out what time zone you are in to work out when roughly it will be ready..... :-) if it comes late at night (for me) i know i will be in trouble at work tomorrow for being late lol... keep up the improvements paul it just makes a good game better and better! kind regards and tight lines bones

just found out
The Current Time in La Crosse,
Wisconsin is:

Monday 5/18/2009 12:26 pm CDT

so another 2 and a half hours (ish) for u.k :-)
Its better to have hooked a fish and lost it.Than to have never hooked a fish at all :p
bones

Postby paul » Mon May 18, 2009 8:11 pm

It's up! I'll post the details in a new thread since this one is getting long.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby bassmaster12 » Thu May 28, 2009 8:48 pm

well im going to work on the video soon just getting the game ready and making the video hope it turns out well and yes i fish carp also smallies, crappies, perch and pike

Joey
bassmaster12

Postby bassmaster12 » Thu May 28, 2009 8:49 pm

looks like i got awile i had to wait 2 whole days untill VR came out
bassmaster12

Postby mitchlin » Sat May 30, 2009 6:37 pm

Does anyone know how to anchor the boat? Update is suppose to include simple anchoring but I havent figured out how it works.
mitchlin

Postby paul » Sat May 30, 2009 11:45 pm

It's nothing fancy just yet, but here's how you do it: Slow your boat to a stop (throttle must be 0%) and press D to drop the anchor. It will dispaly a message saying that the anchor is down. You won't drift until the anchor is lifted (stowed.) Just increase your throttle to start driving again and the anchor will be stowed automatically.

Lately I've been overhauling the weather and lighting. At this point we have light level changing as the day goes on. That includes sunrise/sunset, and (if the moon is up) moonlight, and starlight. The positions of the sun and moon for the time of day and time of year are correct for the location of the lake, and the moon phases are real. You get plenty of moonlight for fishing when a full moon is high overhead. With just a sliver of a moon, or if the moon is down, the starlight is minimal. You can make out the hills on the horizon but it's tough to see much more, as in real life.

Next come dynamic clouds. My goal is to get clouds that drift over the lake, so the weather can change, with a storm moving in, starting to rain, maybe even thunderstorms. It's coming along very well, but this coming week I need to take some time to get an update of RWFF done and one of PIFD started. But sometime next week I'll post some screenshots of the progress on the next VRS update.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby mitchlin » Sun May 31, 2009 11:46 am

Thanks Paul for that info. Ive got to admit, It didnt get me real excited when you included live bait in this update. But since ive started using it, I'm having a blast. Especially with the crappies and walleye. This game keeps getting better and better thanks to you.
mitchlin

Postby Buppers » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:12 am

This is to Paul
Is there a chance to put a livewell in the non tournament part of the game
It would be nice to see the total fish you have caught
Thankyou Barry
Buppers

Postby 71__cuda » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:52 pm

any idea on when we'll see the next vrs update
71__cuda

Postby paul » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:00 pm

I'm hoping to have an update before the end of the month that includes the dynamic lighting, the rise and set of the sun and moon, weather that can change throghout the day, some bait rigs, etc.

I haven't seen many reports from the current beta, though. Has anyone had any problems with the beta?

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Fisherman » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:12 pm

Man, is it quiet in here.

The only problem I noted was the "Standing Trout" landing effect. Maybe a net would help! C'mon guys, feedback!! Guess they are all fishing...
Fisherman

Postby mitchlin » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:45 pm

standing muskie also. However, thats just minor..Everything else seems to work great. Having a blast fishing. I have definately noticed a difference in the fish AI and movement. Much more realistic. A nice added movement in a future update would be fish jumping.
mitchlin

Postby paul » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:10 am

The standing fish bug is fixed. I actually found and fixed that one right after I released the beta. For some fish it was basing the grip position on the wrong bone.

I'll get real jumping on the to-do list. Right now they make break the surface, but they won't really launch themselves. Adding that would be a nice improvement. I've been working with particle systems that should make for realistic splashes when they jump, too.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to VR Sportfishing