Crazy Drunk Drivers!

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Crazy Drunk Drivers!

Postby David Holak » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:01 am

Hello,

Well i'll start by saying thank you for making this fishing simulation! I actually call it a sim because thats how good it is to me! It's the best $20 i have spent in a long time and not only is it well worth it, i feel it's worth more than that! :wink:

Now then up until this past fishing tourny i was a happy fisherman...lol! I joined a $2500 tourny ok, everything is going great, up to 15lbs of fish still a minute and a half to go then......

WHAMO!!!!!! A crazy fisherman in his nice fancy $39,999 speed boat smashes into me while i was at a stand still fishing!! Please paul or anyone that reads this, this needs to be looked at, how do i have to forefit my $2500 of hard earned money because these guys drive like nut jobs and crashed into me! :roll: :lol:

I felt like i had a chance to walk away with some good money there and that wreck was uncalled for.

Thanks again for this awesome sim and for reading about my complaint.

Dave
David Holak

Re: Crazy Drunk Drivers!

Postby paul » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:04 pm

Ouch! The AI for the other boats is one of the more complicated parts of the program, and I've heard a couple reports of collisions like that. Since the release the updates have made collisions pretty rare, but unfortunately they can still happen. I think in the next update I'll add another layer of safety - If a non-player boat hits you and you're not moving (so it's clear that it's 100% the fault of the other boater) I'll stop the other boat and reverse its course. That should prevent you from getting disqualified in a situation like that.

Thanks for the report!

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Re: Crazy Drunk Drivers!

Postby David Holak » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:32 pm

Awesome thanks for the quick reply! Yes AI for any program, sofisticated simulation programing or plain gaming engines is the hardest thing to work with, so i read that is. Thanks again for the reply and this awesome sim paul!

Dave
David Holak

Return to VR Sportfishing