walleye

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

walleye

Postby pat10 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:18 pm

These fish are really tough to catch in this game! I set my graphic settings for draw distance VERY low because it makes the fish very difficult to spot and I hate games where I can sightfish. The combo of not being able to see the fish before I cast, the fact that they bite SOOOOO light in this game, and the fact that they seem to not be very aggressive towards most lures makes them one heck of a challenge. I play the game on the hardest difficulty mode so you really gotta work to catch these guys. Has anyone been able to find any decent sized eyes? I think the biggest I have caught so far was only about 20.5" and close to 4lbs. One good thing about them is when I find one there is usually a nice school of them around in the area which is very realistic. I am just curious if anyones been able to find some bigger sized walleyes, which lake, lure, depth? I cant remember the name of the lake but the one in the midwest (not eagle) seems to have a really good population of fish in the shallow weeds. Shallow running crankbaits for me has been the best bait by far but I have been having a tough time putting any other patterns on them.
pat10

Re: walleye

Postby bassmaster12 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:19 pm

for me i set the wind up high and overcast which makes it harder for the fish to see whats happening i use jigs or i troll crankbaits my biggest was around 6lbs you might have to raise the settings cause you wont be able to spot the walleye trust me all mine were accidental catches or when i was trolling 25 FOW start with the easiest then make your way up
bassmaster12

Re: walleye

Postby Fisherman » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:06 pm

Eagle lake has some good walleye fishing. Kinda surprised me. My biggest are a 7.6 and 7.4lb's. The points of the bays to the northern part of the lake to the east and west are where I've found them, usually in about ten feet of water. Red or white, orange sometimes, jigs work the best. Approach the points slowly, fishing in, as the schools scatter it seems.
Fisherman

Return to VR Sportfishing