Re: Adjusting Character Position

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Postby Ron » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:48 pm

Hi,
Sometimes I'd like to adjust my character's view point when reeling in a fish. When I try and do this (right mouse button), the character jumps to a default position? Then I can't adjust it back to facing the lure. I must be doing something wrong?

thanks,
Ron
Ron
Ron

Postby paul » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:32 am

I'll have to have a look. In first person it does generally automatically track the lure (or fish) when there's line out. It seemed most of the time people would want to watch the fish, and to do that manually while keeping in control of the rod seemed like it would be quite a hassle. Maybe I could make it automatically track the lure/fish until you use the right mouse button, and then stop the auto-tracking until the line or fish is reeled in.

Tight lines,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Ron » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:00 am

>>>It seemed most of the time people would want to watch the fish

Ha ha, It's not that I would want to turn so much as not to see the line or fish. The ability to adjust your position would be very helpful for "over the shoulder" view point (not so much for first person). Some users may like the "over the shoulder" view point, but sometimes the character's body blocks the line/fish.

Ron
Ron
Ron

Return to VR Sportfishing