General Game Tips

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

General Game Tips

Postby BigAL » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:22 pm

This thread is about game features, different ways of playing the game, what to buy, different game options etc... This thread is not about how to catch fish nor about the big fish I caught. Please add to the thread if you have anything to share. Thanks :))
BigAL

Re: General Game Tips

Postby BigAL » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:56 pm

A few tips from Big AL :

STARTING A NEW CHARACTER :
When you start a new character, you start with a big $50 dollar bill. After starting many characters, I am of the opinion that the best thing to buy is the 6lb rod, and a few dozen worms of various colours and sizes. Around the docks, you will be catching mainly largemouth bass, and even the guide agrees with me on the 6 lb rod. The worm is a cheap lure and quite effective. If you invest on more expensive lure, there is a slight possibility of running out of money before you haul in a tagged fish.

AN ALTERNATE TO DOCK FISHING :
Once you buy a boat, you can't go back to dock fishing. The best alternative I found was to fish from your boat when anchored to the dock. From there you can even fish underneat the dock. Making two characters, one a dock fisher and the other a boat fisher is also an option.

AN ALTERNATE TO SHORE FISHING :
You run your boat aground, in reverse, perpendicular to the shore. You will also have more angles to fish from in that position.

CLICK TO REEL :
Under preferences, 'hold to reel' is the default option. Try click to reel, it's fantastic.
BigAL

Postby gd145 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:54 pm

can you expand more on anchoring the boat and two characters does the boat have an anchor???
thanks
gd145

Postby BigAL » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:38 pm

When your character owns a boat, he starts a new fishing trip anchored to the dock(he wont drift). If you start fishing before moving the boat, u will be anchored to the dock. I used the term anchored; maybe, tied to the dock would me more appropriate. Although, I dont see an anchor or rope at that time, I just feel like it is the case. If I am wrong about this, I hope Paul will clear this up.

I have two characters, one is Joe the docker, the other is Joe the boater.
Joe the docker always starts his fishing trip on the docks (since he never bought a boat).
Joe the boater bought a boat, so he always starts his fishing trips in a boat.

I hope this is clearer :)
BigAL

Postby BigAL » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:10 pm

With the new update, when starting a new fishing trip, you have a choice of either fishing from the dock or using a boat. You still can fish from your boat when tied to the dock. The advantage to this is that your boat won't drift.

NB: If anybody has any tips, please add to the thread. All tips are welcome no matter how crazy or simple.
BigAL

Return to VR Sportfishing