HELP! VRSF crashing - new system

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

HELP! VRSF crashing - new system

Postby gonefishin » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:12 pm

I just built my new system w/ Vista 64-bit, 4 GB. DDR3 RAM, AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2 GHz. CPU, and all current OS updates (SP2, etc.). Everything is blazing fast and stable EXCEPT for VRSF. I installed the demo and my first attempt to run it gave me an error about d3dx9_36.dll missing. (Same error I had on my laptop running Vista 32-bit). I downloaded and put it in the game folder, and that's fixed. Now, the game shows the loading screen, waits a few seconds, and then crashes. No matter what I try (compatibility options, different resolutions, Aero 3D or basic interface, etc.), the game crashes. I have the latest DirectX 10.1 drivers and all my hardware drivers are current. Other 3D stuff works great. Please help - I just spent $1200 mostly to get a realistic fishing sim going. :(
gonefishin

Re: HELP! VRSF crashing - new system

Postby paul » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:14 pm

We'll get this figured out. In the game folder should be two files: errors.txt and debugfile.txt. Please e-mail those to me at paul@pishtech.com and I'll see what's going on.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby gonefishin » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:44 pm

I hooked up one of my spare 120 GB. SATA drives and installed a fresh copy of WIn XP SP3 onto it. I installed the mobo, sound, and video drivers that came with the Asus mobo and Radeon 4870 video card. VRFS works fine in that environment, but still crashes in Vista 64-bit. There is no errors.txt file. I'll send the other pertinent files via e-mail. Thanks.
gonefishin

Postby pispswarren » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:36 pm

I've got the new weather and lighting effects just about finished now, and it's looking better than I'd ever hoped. I'm really pleased with the sunsets and sunrises, the way storms move in, and yes, we've got thunderstorms, better rain with sound, etc.. It's pretty spooky driving out on the lake in a heavy downpour where you can only see a hundred yards or so, and getting an occasional glimpse at the shoreline when lightning flashes. It's also got owls and frogs singing at night. Of course the fish activity changes with the time of day and the weather, so the whole experience is a lot more dynamic now. At dawn and dusk on Eagle Lake in the summer the walleyes really turn on.
cooking fever 2
pispswarren

Postby flashhmob » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:36 am

I'll also look for solution
flashhmob

Return to VR Sportfishing