Any Updates?

News about Pishtech's upcoming ice fishing game

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Any Updates?

Postby tom1234505 » Fri May 22, 2009 3:15 am

OK so i have been wondering this for a while, and thought I'd ask. will there be an update where there will be trout in the lake? Just wondering-
Tom
tom1234505

Re: Any Updates?

Postby paul » Fri May 22, 2009 7:52 pm

The game is due for an update. Right now what I have in mind is a second lake with trout (I have rainbow trout and lake trout modeled now), some improvements in fish animation, and some changes to the AI to avoid the overcrowding around the hole that can happen with the magical mystery lure. I've also been considering a more hands-on mode where you would control the rod and reel, including being able to adjust the drag. You cold still play as it is now, but for those who want more of a simulation of ice fishing you'd have that option. We've also had a few interesting suggestions for other possible improvements including tip-ups.

Before the VR Sportfishing update I asked people for opinions about what new features they would most want to see, so let's do the same here. I'll pick which ones to include in the next update based on popularity and the time it would take to add each feature. On a scale of 1 (don't care) to 10 (can't wait for it), how would all of you rate these possible improvements:

A: Manual movement mode where you can walk around and pick your spot on the lake
B: Manual fishing mode where you control the rod, reel and drag and can fish at any depth
C: Some artificial lures
D: Tip-ups
E: Multiple lakes
F: Trout or other species
G: Other

Please let me know what you think.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby tom1234505 » Sat May 23, 2009 1:35 am

A-F is a total 10, if not 11! anyways Paul thanks for the info and the quick reply.
tom1234505

Postby icefisher » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:22 am

Been a while since I've been on here.

I have really enjoyed the game. It has provided some entertainment on trips and even on planes at 35,000 feet to amusement of those around me. Pleased to hear you are thinking of an update to Ice Fishing Derby that might make it even better.

With the existing game the one thing that would be great would be if you could eliminate the fish traffic jams that happen when fish collide around the bait. You mention it as happening with magic bait, but my experience it can happen with any bait and sometimes happens when the fish swims straight at you and then starts bouncing around. These fish traffic jams are the most annoying thing and least realistic thing that happens in the game.

On the items you mentioned for the update:

A: Manual movement mode where you can walk around and pick your spot on the lake - This would be a good feature if you provided some lake topography or if you could accurately read depth on a sonar unit and then could fish at the depth you wanted or identified fish at. 5/10 but need for this is linked to B

B: Manual fishing mode where you control the rod, reel and drag and can fish at any depth - I like this as a feature as it makes for more realistic fishing. If the game was set up so there were fish at different depths that would only respond to lures within a certain range this would be a great feature. 9/10

C: Some artificial lures - As I primarily fish lures in actual icefishing, I would like this option. And it would be good if you could fish a plain lure or one baited with mousies, waxies, maggots or minnows. 9/10

D: Tip-ups - This would a great option to be able to fish and set out a tip-up in the existing game. 8/10

E: Multiple lakes - Having another lake or lakes to fish would multiply the fun. I see this particularly tied in with F as you could have a lake with trout and other species. 10/10

F: Trout or other species - As I do a lot of ice fishing for trout I would be pleased to have a lake with rainbows, lake trout, whitefish and maybe some pike to fish. I would see this as tied with E so if you create another lake let the first one be a trout lake. 10/10

G: Other - Only other thing I can think of that would be great would be to be able to fish for different periods - say 1/2 day, full day, etc. Whether it is part of a derby or not I don't mind - I just like to fish. 5/10
icefisher

Postby ERic » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:25 pm

i will be looking forward to the updates do you know how lont it will be before they are released.
ERic

Postby paul » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:31 pm

I hope to have an update in September that will improve the fishing overall (solving the issue where fish may create a traffic jam under the hole) plus a second lake with different fish including trout. When that's done I'll start on the manual mode, giving you more control over the rod and reel, and the ability to walk freely and pick your own fishing locations. That one will take longer, but I hope to have that done in October.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby mwp2007 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:55 pm

I was wondering if there was going to be an update for Bass and Muskies?
mwp2007

Return to Ice Fishing Derby