ice fishing game

News about Pishtech's upcoming ice fishing game

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

ice fishing game

Postby Buppers » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:38 pm

To Paul
Great game but when you finish tournament there is nothing more to the game
there is no other Lakes to icefish on, no playing as a rookie or expert ,no lures.
Are there going to be any upgrades to game since it cost 20. dollar american for a game that plays very fast
would be good to get a respond to these questions.
Barry Buppers
Buppers

Re: ice fishing game

Postby paul » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:14 pm

Barry,

The main idea with Ice Fishing Derby was to make the game fun to replay not because you're on a different lake or something like that, but because so many things can happen during the tournament that you can play it over and over and have a different experience each time. Most importantly there are all the possible deals and trades that can come up, and whether or not any offer is a good one depends on the day, the time, how many fish and what equipment you have, etc. Most people replay the game trying to beat their personal best score.

That being said, yes, there will be updates to the game. I'm planning an update that will give you the option of more direct control over the rod, so if you have the option on you would actually fight the fish in yourself.

There are other things I'm considering adding, but they include much bigger changes, more like a second edition rather than a minor udpate. For that I have in mind two modes of play: One would be the way it plays now, where much of the fun comes from the decisions you make about what to buy and trade, etc. In the other mode it would be more of a serious fishing simulation. In that mode you'd have control over where you fish, how deep you fish, etc. That might even include the ability to drive on the lake. The second edition would also include trout. And another feature of that edition would be multiple lakes, and a lake editor so you can create your own. Of course that's a pretty major overhaul, almost a whole new game, but I think it would be a lot of fun.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Re: ice fishing game

Postby Buppers » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:18 am

To Paul
Thanks for the getting back with answers to my questions
Once again all the games are GREAT
Barry Buppers
Buppers

Return to Ice Fishing Derby