Error on Amur River

Creating and sharing new content for Real World Fly Fishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Error on Amur River

Postby oxquo » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:42 pm

I get an error while trying to load AMUR river and 2 other addons. It tells Me to try re-installing the simulator then closes out the game. All of the other ones work fine though, is this a normal issue with Amur?
oxquo

Postby Pitti » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:08 pm

Hi Mr. Nameless :wink: :D

I've put the Amur River now into a setup. It should works now for you too.
Unzip the file and start the installer. Hope it helps.

Go to the Clubhouse -> Library -> Downloads -> Outings

Regards Peter
Pitti

Postby oxquo » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:52 am

it works now and it's a great add on thanks!
oxquo

How do I fish this outing?

Postby gerdusloubser » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:03 am

Hi everyone,

One of my dreams as a fly fisherman has always been to fish Mongolia and it became reality sooner than I thought :D . Problem is, all I seem to be able to catch is a cold. (I can hear myself coughing) Any ideas on which flies to use? Strategies? Another thing, I only read about Taimen fishing in Mongolia. Is this species present in the Amur river? If it is, it would be wonderful to add it to the game(not that I'm ungrateful for what we already have). I'm only saying it would be a wonderful addition to an already wonderful game as it's supposed to be the biggest member of the salmanoid family.

Cheers,
Gerdus
Good things come to those who wade.
gerdusloubser

Postby Pitti » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:49 am

Hi Gerdus,

sorry, Taimen are actually not present at the Amur River.

I've checked this outing yesterday and it works fine.

You could try smaller leader like 6x, check the hatches and set the fly to the right size. I caught some fish using a "Ginger Fox" pattern #22.

Fish at this outing are not very active and easy to spook, especial the Amur Catfish.

Regards Peter
Pitti

Postby gerdusloubser » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:46 am

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll try them out. The outing does work on my computer as I caught some fish on beginner level, but failed to be successful on experienced level. :oops: Is the 6x tippet ok for the catfish?

Thanks again,
Gerdus
Good things come to those who wade.
gerdusloubser

Postby Pitti » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:11 am

Hello Gerdus,

Most of catfish here are not sooo big. It can be caught on 6x. If you hunt for top-trophies, I would try attractors and bigger leaders. But you need
to be very patient (like in real life).

This outing is not easy. The fish are not very active, easy to spook and very selectivity, which means you should try to find the closed pattern to the real ones and it's size after check the hatch.

I'm a asserter of more hard outings. I do not like outings whose challenges can be finished after 5 minutes.

Of course, I hope it's not too hard for the current contest. I think Taupo has finished the whole contest-outings, so everbody can see that it is possible. :) Perhaps he can give some tips more?

Regards Peter
Pitti

Postby oppimax » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:50 am

Hi guys,

yes Amur River is an hard one!

It's not in the running contest; I'll surely insert it in some of next contests!

Ciao
Massimo
oppimax

Postby Pitti » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:54 am

Oops :oops:

Sorry, I have to read the rules more careful. :D

Regards Peter
Pitti

Postby Cutch » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:55 am

Peter,
Are you catching those fish on Expert mode? I've tried several #22 dry, wet, nymphs, etc on small leaders and haven't had a strike?
Cutch

Postby Pitti » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:11 am

Cutch,

yes I caught them on expert mode, but not many.

A moment ago I thought about to update the Amur and make it easier, but now we have the first trophy and I let it how it is. :D

Congratulations to Wuppereumel!

Do you like to give some tips, wupper?

Regards Peter
Pitti

Postby wuppereumel » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:58 pm

Thanks for your congrats Peter, your Amur outing is actually a big challange and like Cutch I have tried out many flys without success. :( First when I became extreme patient the bites came. :) I use the Mayfly real, size 22, a 9' long 7x leader and a 2 weight rod. The fish are very spooky so if I had made a few longer casts cross the water or smash the line to hard to the water I go to the next side of outing because the fish will no longer bite. The biggest catfish I caught on site 9 directly before my feet. There are some other species in the Amur. I caught today some pikes, graylings and of course some of the "horrible" :wink: carps but a new record catfish too.
So guys there is no trick simply patience and use of light tackle. I hope to be beaten soon from one of you ambitious fishermen to have a new goal. 8) All the best for the running contest to all of you and always tight lines.

Greetings from Wuppertal
Guenter

p.s. by the way: I like those waters that are more difficult to fish. To catch a big one from a smaller species on light tackle can be extreme thrilling.
wuppereumel

Postby taupo_tiger » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:27 pm

hello,

thanks for advice on amur catfish
:)

so far i did not hook one in expert mode - i´ll stay tuned
taupo_tiger

Postby taupo_tiger » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:42 pm

wuppereumel wrote: I hope to be beaten soon from one of you ambitious fishermen to have a new goal. 8) All the best for the running contest to all of you and always tight lines.

Greetings from Wuppertal
Guenter

p.s. by the way: I like those waters that are more difficult to fish.

it´s your turn

:)
(i hope dave will update soon)
taupo_tiger

Postby wuppereumel » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:37 pm

Hi taupo_tiger,

I hate to say it but your triumph was lasting a short time. 8) While you are playing with those dinky babycatfish I searched for their grandma - and found it. :) . Dave will pin down it on our score board. Till then you can look at the score :
:shock:
Fish: 29.83 inch AmurCatfish from Pit006_Amur; Code: FETPSRMKTTGAVSOOPDQLBVXBIRLHNDNYWVDJVDOVBO

I hope it will take longer time to get your tit-for-tat response :) :)

Tight lines and good luck
Guenter
wuppereumel

Return to RWFF Development