New Outing Sw The Feather River Oroville California

Creating and sharing new content for Real World Fly Fishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

New Outing Sw The Feather River Oroville California

Postby Scottish Warrior » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:25 am

Hi All,
Something Nice, I Hope, for the Weekend.
I have been working on The Kern River Watershed in California to find locations for Stanley's California Golden Trout and have managed to come up with 7 Outings,
2 from The Cottonwood Creek,1 from The Golden Trout Creek Sierra Nevada and 5 from the Kern River itself,I will wait a little while before I post these Outings,
as it was Chuck who asked Stanley to Create this Specie and it is only correct that he have first choice.
This Outing from The Feather River came as a by product of my photo search and is not part of the Kern River Watershed,thus no California Golden Trout,though it is full of species.
The Feather River is a Principal Tributary of the Sacramento River,The Maim Stem being 71 miles long.
The River Rises in the Diamond Mountains and Breaches the Crest of the Sierras as it flows West.
You are fishing for Jumping Chinook Salmon,Striped Bass,Steelhead,Steelhead Red,Brown Trout,White Crappie,Black Crappie,Smallmouth Bass,Largemouth Bass,
Plus Coho Salmon,American Shad,Sturgeon,Channel Catfish,White Sturgeon,Black Bullhead and Redear Sunfish,16 in Total.
I do hope you enjoy this Outing and look out for some "Biggies" Stripers and Sturgeon.
Have Fun,
Regards Martin.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jqy51qncief28 ... fornia.zip
I am so glad to be part of this
Scottish Warrior

Re: New Outing Sw The Feather River Oroville California

Postby wyldechylde77 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:00 am

Hi Martin,

You can go ahead and post outings that include the California Golden Trout if you wish. I'm still trying to get a hold of my great-aunt out in California to find out where my late grandfather and late uncle used to fish for these little guys to crate an outing in tribute to them. They lived in the mountains of La Crescenta, CA, so I am assuming they're fishing spots were somewhere in the area. Then, I'll have to find proper pics to use for the outing. So, couple that with work and RL fishing, it might take a little bit LOL! So no use holding back on my account bud. Would rather see these fish put to use. I do thank you though for the respectful gesture, for sure! ;-)
wyldechylde77

Re: New Outing Sw The Feather River Oroville California

Postby Scottish Warrior » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:41 pm

Hi Chuck,
No Problem,I am still putting them together but they all look quite good and I will post sooner than later.
Cheers Martin.
I am so glad to be part of this
Scottish Warrior

Return to RWFF Development