RWFF outing creation tool problem

Creating and sharing new content for Real World Fly Fishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

RWFF outing creation tool problem

Postby Morley » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:13 am

Hi 7Yellowstone, I posted a question to your Youtube tutorial on how to create a custom outing. As I said in my post, I have succeeded in getting as far editing the BMP files for depth and current, following your tutorial to the letter. However, when the software tries to compile the information, it continues to fail. I tried several different ways, but it still doesn't work. Perhaps there's a step I didn't fully understand. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated. I'm having great fun with this tool and I'm excited about sharing my outing with other RWFF members.

Thanks,

Morley
Morley

Re: RWFF outing creation tool problem

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:51 am

Hi Morley:

Good to see you back on the Forum. Next time please post a technical question in the Tech Support Forum as this thread is reserved only for new outing releases. Your cooperation will be greatly appreciated. :P

Before I can give you an answer I will ask you a few questions. What are the symptoms of the failure? The program crashes? The compilation tool does not recognize the bitmaps and you end up with no depth and water but the compilation will run? What software are you using to edit the mapdepth and mapcur bitmaps? Are you sure the colors that you are using matches the exact color codes? e.g. purple is 255-153-255, yellow is 255-255-0 and so forth? I have had people using the newer MSPaint that comes with Windows7 and although all the values are correct but the RWFF compilation tool would not recognize them. Might have something to do with the antialiasing in the new software. You best bet is to go to the internet and search for an old XP Paint software that would work with your system. I am running Windows7 64 bit and the old software installed without any problems. :P

It is a lot of fun to build your own outings and to share with others on our Forum. Crashing is not fun! Let's get together and get your problems resolved so you can enjoy your outing building. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Morley » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:56 pm

Hi Stanley, your advice worked. It was definitely the anti-aliasing in windows 7 paint. I installed an older version and it works like a charm. I'm going to take a series of photos over the summer and create an outing to share with all the other members. Thanks for your help!
Morley

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:27 pm

Hi Morley:

Glad to hear you got the bitmap drawing problems figured out. Old XP Paint is a real gem and a life saver if you build outings. The Gimp will also work but it is a bit too complicated for the average user. I hope you will take lots of good pictures of streams in your area and will share your fishing experience with us on the Forum. Something to look forward to this Summer! :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to RWFF Development