Outing files

Creating and sharing new content for Real World Fly Fishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Outing files

Postby BonnevilleCutt » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:22 am

I'm a new user of RWFF and have found some great outing files at the clubhouse. I'm looking for the Snake River outing that includes Henry's Fork. Can anyone direct me to the correct one? Also, I've seen some nice outings posted here that I would like to explore. However, it appears everything is hosted at Fileden (a site I don't trust). Any chance these outings might get placed at the Clubhouse? Thanks for the help!
BonnevilleCutt

Re: Outing files

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:07 am

Hi BonnevilleCutt:

A warm welcome to our Forum! Yellowstone7 here. Re your question about Snake River and the Henry's Fork, Martin (aka Scottish Warrior) may have made an outing based on the Snake or the Henry's Fork. Martin is on vacation right now and will not be back at his computer until a couple of weeks from now. Maybe he can answer your question better than I can. :P

A couple of months ago I made an outing based on the Henry's Fork but it has not been finished as there was little interest on the Forum at that time. I also made a YouTube video of the outing which you can have a look at here.

http://youtu.be/4ztie35gUBA

If there is sufficient interest on the Forum I will go ahead and finish this outing and will publish it on our Development Forum.

Fileden has had some problems in the past but it has been taken over by a new company and they seemed to have cleaned up the server pretty well. I have been using Fileden to upload my files for a couple of years without any problems.

Re your question about outings being uploaded to the Club House, I would say at this stage that it is very unlikely that the new outings will be uploaded to the Club House server any time soon as there is no space left on the server, and we don't have anyone running the Club House at the moment. This is something that we will have to live with for a while.

Last but not least, I like your name....BonnevilleCutt. Sounds like you are from either Idaho or Montana... my former home! Please come back if you have more questions, or need additional help with outings and installations. Someone is always around to help a new member! :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Outing files

Postby BonnevilleCutt » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:56 am

Thanks for the info. I've seen your Henry's Fork video and like it very much. Hope you get a chance to finish it someday. It's an amazing place to fish! You almost got the location correct. I'm in Northern Utah. Thanks again!
BonnevilleCutt

Return to RWFF Development