Questions about settings in my first outing

Creating and sharing new content for Real World Fly Fishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Questions about settings in my first outing

Postby Creek Fisher 13 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:54 pm

Hi guys. I'm just finishing up my first outing of the creek behind my house, just makeing some final adjustments. I have a few questions.
I have my sounds set, but is there a way that I could set a special sound to play only in one site?
Also can I set up a hatch to happen in just one site?
Im adjusting the fish settings Spookiness, Activity, Selectivity, the fish in this stream are spookie and fairly selective and it is winter so their activity is a little slower, but I dont want it to be to hard that it is no fun. I just need to set a good balance. Any sugestions on how you guys set this up. Thanks Creek Fisher 13
Creek Fisher 13

Re: Questions about settings in my first outing

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:28 pm

Hi Creek Fisher:

Congratulations for "almost" finishing your first outing! As far as I know it is not possible to put individual sound or specific hatches into each scene. I may be wrong on this. Will see what the other guys have to say about this subject. :P

As far as the fish setting goes. You can move the spookiness up a couple of notches, e.g. 7 instead of the default 5 value and you should be ok. Same for selectivity. Anything above that will make the outing pretty difficult for the average fisher. You can try these settings and see if you are satisfied with them and then tweak the values accordingly.

Good luck and have fun. Can't wait to try your first outing! :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Creek Fisher 13 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:14 pm

Thanks Stanley. I have a few more questions. On one of my sites the player is faceing down stream and the current is moving away from them, the current does'nt start directly at the bottom of the screen even though in my current map I have drawn it that way. This causes the line to get hung up and stops the down stream drift. Have you heard of this? Any way to fix it? Other than that it is ready to go. How can I upload the outing to the web site? Thanks Creek fisher.
Creek Fisher 13

Postby Creek Fisher 13 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:27 pm

Here is a few pics of my outing
f1.JPG
f1.JPG (421.19 KiB) Viewed 847 times
f1.JPG
f1.JPG (364.05 KiB) Viewed 847 times
Attachments
f1.JPG
f1.JPG (870.81 KiB) Viewed 844 times
Creek Fisher 13

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:25 pm

Hi Creek Fisher:

Beautiful Winter stream scenes...bla....must be colder than hxxl! Makes me want to put my thermo underwear on and wade in and give it a try!! Good going for your first outing!

I have never had any problems with the direction of the current. Must be something in the Mapcur that is not working correctly. Did you put a one pixel purple dot at the beginning (bottom, in your case) of the current line? This tell the software where to start the current. After you checked the Mapcur and everything seems ok but it is still not working, you can send a copy of your Mapcur to my email address and I will have a look at it for you. I will send you my email address via PM.

To upload the outing on the Forum you will first need to put your outing into a zip file, then upload it to a file hosting server like Fileden, or some other free file sharing server that you choose. Some of them you will need to sign up and create an account. Fileden has had some problems but it works for me and SW. You can give it a try there. After you have uploaded your outing you will need to get a "URL" address for your upload. Copy and paste the URL address into your RWFF post. That is it. :P

Good luck and we hope to see your new outing real soon! :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to RWFF Development