Error msg

Creating and sharing new content for Real World Fly Fishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Error msg

Postby Fishin Musician » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:32 pm

Hi Paul,
Great idea with the development section it was getting a little crazy with all the activity for the new outings.

I got a chance to take some picture of the club I belong to this weekend and have started an outing. When I try the outing, just 2 sites for now, in Wii Beta it gives me an error message as does Dave's but Pitti and oppimax's outings work in Wii Beta. Any idea why?
Fishin Musician

Postby paul » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:38 pm

The Wii Beta is a couple of builds behind the regular version, so it wasn't build to t accept custom outings. If you encrypt the outing however, then it should accept it. Try the latest version of the OCK and encrypt your outing, then see if the Wii beta version can open it.

Tight lines,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Fishin Musician » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:44 pm

I noticed the ones that worked were encrypted so that must be the answer. So now the stupid question. :shock: How do you encrypt? sorry :cry:
Fishin Musician

Postby oppimax » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:34 am

I had problems with the encryption (I posted it days ago) so I decided to not encrypt my outings.
I think we should start to encrypt them when the test is finished and the release is "solid".
Then we could decide to encrypt custom outings and use them in contest.
This is only my opinion.

Ciao
Massimo
oppimax

Postby Fishin Musician » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:48 am

hi oppimax,
I can not find the encryption in my tools like the instruction says. I agree it is no big deal for the fun of the game only when it comes to tournaments. I use the Wiimote and it will only works on the encrypted games, the Wii is much more fun to use instead of the mouse. :D
Fishin Musician

Postby oppimax » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:25 pm

Ciao Fishin,
I cannot use the Wii as I have problems with the actual release (I would like!).
I'll do some more try to understand what is wrong with it on my PC;
I hope we will have a new release soon as I agree with you that wii control is quite fun for RWFF.

Have a good day!

Ciao
Massimo
oppimax

Postby dcarp » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:49 pm

Fishin Musician,

I haven't tried the Wii yet on any of the new outings, but will give it a try tonight on my Brietenbush and Santiam outings. I encrypted them both (make sure you have the latest OCK version to encrypt - it has both a encrpt and decrypt button when you go in to adjust your outings).

I'm sort of glad it won't work on the non-encrypted outings. I'm afraid those sea bass, pike, carp and sea trout will rip the Wii out of my hand and into my monitor!!!! :wink:

Oppimax and Pitti's outings are a real blast, aren't they? I thought steelies were fun.... I would really like to go after those fish in real life. There are carp in the Snake River in southern Idaho where I grew up, but I never went after them with a fly - only spin/bait and bow & fish arrows. I think a crayfish pattern would work pretty well................ hmm, something to try next spring when they are spawning.....

Dave
dcarp

Carp flies

Postby Bobcat John » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:22 pm

Dave
There is a book on fly fishing for carp and a series of flies for catching carp. I don't remember the name of the book but if I finds it I will send you the title and some of the names of flies when I find them. I haven't caught a carp yet just some Pike. These new outings are great and I looking forward to what is coming in the future.

Thanks
I've spent the most important time of my life fishing. What was left over I wasted.

Bobcat John

Bobcat John

Postby Fishin Musician » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:35 am

Hi Dave,
I needed the update :roll: (should have done that first) :oops:
All the new outings are great! I hope to have mine posted next week. It has about 18 sites from the Creamton Fly Fishing Club in the Pocono Mountains of PA. I was there last Saturday with a friend and landed a 21" Brown, my biggest fish this year. :D
Fishin Musician

Return to RWFF Development