C L Silver Creek Ready To Go!!

Creating and sharing new content for Real World Fly Fishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

C L Silver Creek Ready To Go!!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:37 pm

Hi Everyone:

Please download your Silver Creek outing via this link:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2010/6/22/ ... Folder.zip

This is a "complete" Silver Creek folder. Within it you will find the Silver Creek Outing Folder. The four fish used in this outing. They are: Jumping Red Rainbow, Jumping Rainbow Trout, Jumping Brown Trout2 and the Jumping Brookie.

You might ask why two different Jumping Rainbows. I used two different Rainbows because they look a little different, and they also act slightly different than the other one. This is to make the game a little more interesting for you.

To install the outing and the fish species, just unzip the main complete file to your desktop, drag the C L Silver Creek outing folder into the main RWFF Outing folder. Copy or drag the four fish files into the RWFF "Fish" folder and you will be good to go. The sound and food items used are standard ones that you will find in the Club House.

I spent a lot of time setting up this outing and I hope your will find the Spring Creek fishing enjoyable. Good Luck! :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: C L Silver Creek Ready To Go!!

Postby Anguis » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:47 pm

I played this one yesterday - really nice! Thank your son for the great pictures!
Someday, we'll get back to Yellowstone. . .
Anguis

Postby Yellowstone7 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:22 pm

Hi Anguis:

Glad you tried the Silver Creek outing and liked the pictures. I will tell Jason that his efforts were appreciated by some folks! Jason actually didn't get to spend too much time on the Spring Creek on this trip as he was entertaining a couple of groups of people from out of town and only got to the Silver Creek twice during his stay. He will return in the Fall when the leaves change colors and the big browns will be prowling. Maybe he will get some great pictures then. The Little Wood and Big Wood rivers are very close to Sun Valley and those are also excellent trout streams. I am hoping that he will be able to get some nice Fall colored pictures from these two fine streams for me. :P

Hope you had some fun fishing the Silver. Fly selection and size is the key to success. Watch and see what the fish are taking on the surface and you will pick the right fly, pretty much like real fishing conditions. Sometimes these fish, being jumpers, will throw your hook during a prolonged fight, this is a bonus as Paul designed into the fish behavior. Again, pretty much like the real thing. Have fun and let us know what you catch!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Anguis » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:10 pm

Another funny story on Silver Creek...

Well, last night, my son was playing some RWFF, after having gotten soaked and skunked during a cold and rainy time on the too-real Minnehaha Creek, and he happened to be fishing Silver Creek. It was bed-time, so, of course, he asked to play a little more. I gave in and said he could land the fish he had just hooked. He was using a 4lb tippet (I think), so, I figured it might not go too long. As it happened, he was playing @ Beginner, as well.

"Bed-time" ended up being put off for another 40 minutes. And, let me tell you, that was 40 minutes of a fight for him - it was fun seeing him work that fish in, with both hands on the force-feedback joystick! A few times, he was even shaking them off, b/c of the fatigue!

In the end, he got to bed and quickly drifted off to sleep with visions of a 22" Jumping Brown giving him the biggest fight of his RWFF career. Not bad for a little 7-year-old!
Anguis

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:34 pm

Hi Anguis:

What a beautiful story of a 7 year old fishing the RWFF. This is exactly what makes all the time spent, and sleepless nights worthwhile for me and the other outing makers. :P Sounds like he has inherited your DNA for fishing, also the patience and tenacity that will make him an outstanding fisherman, flyfishing or otherwise. Congratulations!!

Hope he enjoyed fighting the 22 inch brown and succeeded in landing it too! Sweet dreams! He might latch onto the 28 inch one next time! :lol:

Thanks for a great post. We appreciate it a lot around here!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Scottish Warrior » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:49 am

Dear Stanley and Anguis,
A nice finish to a True Outing with an outcome that would warm any heart and makes all the work worth while.
My hat is off too both of you and as a surprise for your seven year old hero,I will do an outing from the Minnehaha Creek.
I have photos already and will start work on it today (Tuesday),
Anguis, please post a list of the species you can catch and I will try to include them ,if possible.
This will be my gift to your son for giving us a real boost on RWFF and I would like to name the Outing after him,
ie, Sw (Your sons Name) Minnehaha Creek Minnesota,if this is okay by you.
I await your specie list and Sons name.
Highest Regards Martin.
(You can always send me an e-mail on scottishwarrior1@btinternet.com or by PM) Cheers Martin
I am so glad to be part of this
Scottish Warrior

Postby Scottish Warrior » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:52 am

Hi Anguis.
I am ready to go with a 17 Site Outing,just need the Species to include and your Sons name,if you wish the outing to be named.
I will make and post the outing anyway, with my specie selection, if you decline.It was just a thought.
Regards Martin.
Scottish Warrior

Postby Anguis » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:33 pm

Hello, Scottish Warrior,

Just to reiterate and follow up my PM to you, boy are you a quick worker! As for naming the outing after my son, that'd be great, but I'd prefer to keep him anonymous (unfortunately, I can't come up good nickname right now). And I'm pretty sure my wife would prefer that, as well. Both my sons are avid fishers of Minnehaha Creek and RWFF, so, actually, it wouldn't be fitting to exclude the other, anyways. Thank you for the offer - we will be very anxious to fish this outing!

And, in case you'd like additional photos, let me know!

Anguis
Anguis

Postby Scottish Warrior » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:52 pm

Hi Anguis,
No Problem,and I see your point of view and I do not want to start a Family Riot.
I will look at my Fish Specie List for the Minnesota Area and include fish from that area,
though the water may not have an abundance of those species,this will however make the outing a little bit more exciting for your boys.
I will however take you up on your offer of more photos especially from your Bay Area or the locations you fish, when the weather gets more appropriate and do an outing using those photos.
I will try to finish the outing by Tomorrow (Thursday) and have it posted.
Regards and Thank You,Martin.
Scottish Warrior

Return to RWFF Development