Stickies for the new(er) species and sounds

Creating and sharing new content for Real World Fly Fishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Stickies for the new(er) species and sounds

Postby Anguis » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:49 pm

Hi, folks,

This is for the moderators: Please, would you gather the links to the more recent species and sounds downloads and sticky them in this forum? For species, I'm thinking back to the advent of the jumping fish. I can't remember how far back the sounds would be, but maybe similarly.
Searching hasn't been as efficient a process as one might think it should be (for example, I can't search for "new fish" in topic titles in the development forum; I was trying to put together a post of collected links, but don't have time any more; when I get more time, I'll try again). It'd be good to have these files in an easily accessed location.

Anguis
Someday, we'll get back to Yellowstone. . .
Anguis

Re: Stickies for the new(er) species and sounds

Postby Scottish Warrior » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:11 pm

Dear Anguis,
A Moderator only has the power to oversee the Content on the Forums and if inappropriate posts are found,they can remove the post.
All other "Sticky" posts are done by Paul, who I think would not have the time do do this with all the other free updates and such he already does to enhance each Game he produced.
Richard,as I already commented on in another post,was kind enough to Re-instate the Clubhouse to a working platform for us to use,and he and Brian are the only 2 members who gave their time and aptitude to keeping the Clubhouse up to date,with all the New Species or Outings,Books etc.this sadly is no longer the case,due to sad events on the forum and Server Space for Richard, who I imagine was paying for that, out of his own pocket.
I understand the dilemma "Newbies" have, but I myself would have to stop creating outings and maybe work for a month to try to create what you are asking for,and for an Outing creator to include Fish Files(I use 10),Sound Files(I use 21) in every OUTING and then upload them on to the forum would make the Outing well over 30MB EACH TIME.What I will try to do is give you a Count of how many Fish Species there now are available in my Folder copy,for you to compare results,if it is vastly different I will try to break my copy down and post all species I have on the forum,if this will help??
I hope this helps in some way, but even we Administrators are bound by what we can do.
Regards Martin, Scottish Warrior.
I am so glad to be part of this
Scottish Warrior

Postby Scottish Warrior » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:35 pm

Dear Anguis,
Here are the names of the Jumping Fish Species I have in my Fish Folder::
Barracuda,
Black Crappie,
Blue Trout,
Bonefish,
Bowfin,
Bowfin 2,
Brook Trout,
Brown Trout,
Brown Trout 2,
Bull Trout,
Butterfly Peacock Bass,
Cutbow,
Florida Gar,
Grilse Salmon,
Lake Trout,
Landlocked Salmon,
Largemouth Bass,
Mooneye,
Muskie,
Pike,
Rainbow,
Red Rainbow,
Smallmouth Bass,
Spotted Bass,
Steelhead,
Steelhead Red,
Striped Bass
and Tarpon, A total of 28 Jumping Fish Species,I hope this is helpful.Regards Martin.
I am so glad to be part of this
Scottish Warrior

Postby Anguis » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:43 pm

Hi, SW,

Thanks, I'll use your list. I'm only looking for a post w/ a list of the links used in previous posts. When I have some more time, I'll produce one and hopefully make it easily found w/ the Search function (if Search was a little less restrictive, this'd be needless). Maybe, eventually, it would be stickied. If links go bad, we can upload the files, again (maybe even have them hosted @ GameFront - I use this for files for another game).

Anguis
Someday, we'll get back to Yellowstone. . .
Anguis

Return to RWFF Development