New flies

Creating and sharing new content for Real World Fly Fishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

New flies

Postby barrycuda » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:31 pm

I have a number of fly images in Jpeg format that I would like to replicate in RWFF.

Is it possible to start tying a fly in the fly tying screen, save the file to the required type of fly, ie wet or dry, mayfly etc, but then import my custom fly images to replace those made by the the fly tying utility?

While I am beginning to get to grips with creating my own flies, I would like to know if this method is possible, and ultimately share them with everyone here on the forum.

yours hopefully
Andy
:P
barrycuda

Re: New flies

Postby richwest » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:36 pm

Hi Andy,

That should be possible. you have to completely rempve all background colors.
and you have to stick to same size.

Regards Richard
richwest

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:08 am

Hi Andy and Richard:

This sounds very interesting. I will follow this topic with interest. It would be great if this can be done. please post the method, steps, etc:P :P

Is there a way to bring up a fly that is already tied and in your flybox and put it back into the flytying vise and screen for modification? On some flies I would like to have different colors but the flytying program gets stuck after a while and would not allow scrolling back and forth anymore.

Thanks guys!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby barrycuda » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:50 am

Thanks Richard, that does sound promising. Do they have to be BMP format, or can I use Jpeg?

I am away for a few days after lunch today, but I intend to try to experiment with the idea later in the week!

:P
barrycuda

Postby richwest » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:34 am

Hi guys,

Re-editing is not possible, a great while ago we discussed this with Paul, but it takes too much work to get that done, sorry.
The pictures should be BMP-format, check the folder of the fly to see what the picturesize has to be and what pictures are needed.

Just rename your "real"-fly pictures to their appropriate name and it should work fine.

I will give this a go myself and report on it.

Stanley, you can change your flies by editing them with ms paint or some other picture editor.

Regards Richard
richwest

Postby barrycuda » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:42 pm

I have not had chance to work on the fly images of late, but will keep you all posted.... :P
barrycuda

Return to RWFF Development