attempted outing

Creating and sharing new content for Real World Fly Fishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

attempted outing

Postby dan94 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:22 am

hi eveyone after going through the demo and downloading the programs or demos i was finally able to get the outing to work so here it is i am open to all thoughts and ideas and critisism it is a small lake with rainbow trout and the odd big brown

http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/9/14/2575145/lilydale%20lake.zip

Cheers Dan94
dan94

Re: attempted outing

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:20 am

Hi Dan94:

My congratulations!! It wasn't just a few days ago that you were asking the outing pros for some tips on making outings. I was very surprised when you posted your "new" prototype outing on the forum. That is a short learning curve, LOL :P :P

I downloaded you new outing and tried it. This is what I found:

1) The scenes are great, at least the first three anyway. When I got to scene four I had a hard freeze and had to power down my computer. I think the error log below explains it.

2)The edge of the water, at lease the boundary of the intended water animation was well defined. Young eyes and steady hands help here. Nice water boundaries.

3)I would like to see a bit more water movement, or current in the water. The fly right now doesn't seem to go anywhere and this is like still pond fishing. Still bait fishing with a fly ?? In nature even a relatively still pond has some wind and water movement to move the fly a little.

4)I attached a picture where you can see the flyline goes past the water horizon and into the sky? More careful work needed here to define the boundary of the water so the fish doesn't take off into the sky like a light plane.LOL

5)Please review the errors and make the necessary corrections. My computer froze solid going from scene 3 to scene 4. That is not good!

Other than that, very impressive first effort and also very intuitive as an outing maker. I like the views of the water, almost like the eye view of the angler himself. I started fishing this outing with a light rod and 5x leader and I was surprised to hook a good size rainbow that took me all the way to the backing, went across the lake and into the sky!! I managed to retrieve some line after a while and landed this nice fish. Used a size 18 grey midge dry fly.

Excellent effort for a first start. I am sure Master outing makers like SW, Barns and Richard will input their own expert and experienced suggestions. Thanks! That was pretty fun fishing a prototype outing. :P :P

Keep up the good work! I expect to see many great outings from you in the future.

Regards,

Stanley

This was the error found in the file verification:

content_errors.txt
Errors were found in outing, fish or food files:

Current definition file validation code doesn't match for site site04 in outing lilydale lake.
Couldn't load definition for site site04 in outing lilydale lake.
Current definition file validation code doesn't match for site site05 in outing lilydale lake.
Couldn't load definition for site site05 in outing lilydale lake.

Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby dan94 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:31 am

Hi Stanley
i have fixed those issues and it looks like it is working to me but you or someone else might find another issue which i will fix 8)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/9/14/2575145/lilydale%20lake%20beta.zip

Cheers Dan94
dan94

Postby richwest » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:44 pm

Dan,

I looked at your outing.def file and i see yoyu did not put in any Challengesites.
This will sause a crash on the game when selecting the outing in challenge mode.

I suggest you add at least one challenge site.

Regards Richard
richwest

Postby dan94 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:55 am

hi everyone
i have been working on this outing yesterday and this morning it has 2 challenge sites and i have changed the fish size around a bit having the rainbows at a reasonable size and the browns rare but big most of the big browns hang down deep in those 12ft holes and would be good fun to catch on a 5x tippet and 6wt rod 8) i hope there are no more problems but if there are i will fix them again

http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/9/14/2575145/lilydale%20lake.zip

Cheers and tight lines Dan94
dan94

Return to RWFF Development