installing new outings

Creating and sharing new content for Real World Fly Fishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

installing new outings

Postby andyc » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:30 pm

can any one tell me how to install new outings . i have installed the v128 courtesy of pauls email link
i have tried to install the loch lomond and the scottish waters to no avail

i extracted the zip file to realworld fly fishing , that didnt work , i then moved the files to outings ,
that didnt work either nothing showed up to fish them

im am retired but am a computer novice so any advice will be welcomed

regards
andrew
andyc

Re: installing new outings

Postby Scottish Warrior » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:02 pm

Dear Andy, Welcome first of all to our Club.
If you have downloaded the Fish Folder,Sounds Folder etc from the clubhouse and installed to RWFF then you should be ready to go,
Click on the link for the outing you wish from either the forum or the Clubhouse,when you have downloaded it, left click on your mouse and you should get the option to Extract Files,do this and another page will open on top of the original,if the folder includes a new fish specie or any other folder move it to the same named folder in RWFF,ie Sounds to Sounds,Fish to Fish etc,and the main outing folder to the outings folder in RWFF,when you open your outings folder in RWFF it should appear in the menu,you can then fish it,I hope this helps.
Regards Martin (Scottish Warrior)
I am so glad to be part of this
Scottish Warrior

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:30 pm

Hi Andy:

A big welcome to the wonderful world of RWFF and Forum. Hope you have things sorted out by now and you are busy catching some nice fish. If you are still having problems installing fish, outings, food, sound, and getting the custom outings to work maybe this will help. :P :P

It wasn't too long ago that I was a Newbie at RWFF myself. The RWFF program is a great one but it does require some know how and tweaking to get it to work properly, especially with installing custom outings. You mentioned you had problem installing the custom outings from the club house. Here is what I do to make things simple.

First you make a shortcut of the main RWFF program folder and put it on your desktop so you can find it and open it easily. Typically it will be something like, "C:\Program Files\PishTech\Real World Fly Fishing", without the quotes. Once you have that shortcut on the desktop you can open it at will. Secondly you download the custom outing zip files. After you opened the zip file you find find the main outing folder, sometimes additional food, sound and fish folders are also included. Now all you need to do is to open the main RWFF program via the desktop shortcut that you have created to show the contents of the folders. Then you copy and paste the appropiate items, like SW said, outing to the outing folder, fish to the fish folder, food to he food folder, sound to the sound folder, etc. Once you have done that the outing would have been installed.

Now you can open the RWFF fishing program and see if you have the picture of the newly installed outing in the outing catalogue. If you come up with any errors on file verification at the start of the RWFF program that will tell you what was missing and needed. You correct this problem by downloaded the corresponding files in the club house and place them in the proper name folder and you are on your way!

Please come back and post your questions on the forum if you have any other questions or problems. Around here we are always glad to help. Hope you will enjoy the flyfishing and the forum like we do. :P :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby andyc » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:20 pm

thanks every one,
have bookmarked the page ,and will try out the instructions ,and will let you know the outcome.
regards
andrew
andyc

Return to RWFF Development