Looking for Opinions

Questions about ordering, miscellaneous

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Looking for Opinions

Postby dcarp » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:51 pm

Hello RWFF Community,

I recently started a new personal project and would like your advice and opinions. For the past few months I have beens selling flies and fly tying materials on Ebay. It has done well enough to encourage me to launch a web site.

In the past, I have done several commercial websites for the company I work for and others, but this is my first attempt at creating one for myself. I know what I like to see on the web when shopping, but I would like a broader perspective.

I will not post the link here, because I don't feel it is appropriate to do so. If you are interested in taking a look, please send me a PM or email to dcarp@wvi.com and I will send you the link. I would really appreciate some feedback on the design, ease of use, etc. I want the site to be appealing to fly fishers and fly tyers, that is why your opinions are so important.

There is one condition however - I will not accept online orders from RWFF Community members! I would be hurt and insulted if any of you tried to order something. I see this group as a family and I will not take your money. My business dealings with RWFF members is barter and trade only - or you have to win one of the contests - there you might pick up a fly or two of mine.

I do not plan to become rich and famous with this venture, I just hope that it will support my fly fishing and tying hobby! I've also thought about the potential of showcasing other tyers on the site. If there are interested members, I'm very open to discussing that as well.

As a final warning.... if any member tries to buy my product online, I will not only be hurt and insulted, but I will retaliate by building my future RWFF outings with 10 ft. sturgeon that will break your lines and steal your flies - or I may add crocodiles that will come out of the water and eat you!

Tight Lines

Dcarp (Dave)
dcarp

Postby richwest » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:03 pm

Dave,

I would be willing to have a look at your site and give you my oppinion,

I'm just a bit frightened by the treaths to your "family" :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Regards Richard

PS. did you happen to find some time to look at my perch?
richwest

Postby taupo_tiger » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:54 am

hello dave,

please send link - i want to have a look
:)

by the way

does my wife also belong to the community? *scratching my head*
:lol:

(it´s ok, i won´t order)
:wink:
taupo_tiger

Postby richwest » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:20 am

Taupo,

If your wife does not belong to the community,
she won't like fishing!!!

So she won't order either :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards Richard

P.S. I took a look for Dave and I really like it!
richwest

Return to Other