I just have to say...

Questions about ordering, miscellaneous

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

I just have to say...

Postby wasteelhunter » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:15 am

Wow... I've played a few of the other sims out there and not a single one of them has captured my interest enough to even think of purchasing it, yet with this one I was hooked (no pun intended) almost instantly. I just wanted to say this is the most amazing fishing game I have ever seen and a huge thank you to the developer.

This game has really taken off the edge of wanting to go fishing. Unfortunately due to a serious back injury I've been unable to go fishing for the last 4 months and from what the doctors tell me it will likely be annother 6 before I can even think of hiking my favorite rivers once again. I apologise if this is an innapropriate place for this comment, but really wanted to say thanks for a great game I will be enjoying for a long time to come.
wasteelhunter

Postby oppimax » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:41 pm

Welcome, :D

waiting to go back to your favorite rivers :wink: we can keep you busy with new outings, contests, flies, on-line fishing rides and chatting and much more! 8)

Stay tuned and tigth lines! :D

Ciao
Massimo

p.s. where are you from Wasteelhunter?
oppimax

Postby wasteelhunter » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:59 pm

Currently living about 20 min east of Seattle, Just moved out here a few years ago and have pretty much self learned through a lot of experimenting quite a bit about the salmon and steelhead out here. Took me 3 months before I hooked my first one (lost 3 that night not a single landed) ever since I've been addicted. Still at that point where I don't really know the rivers and all that, just a few I've found from exploring and research, but loving it all the same. Just started fly fishing last year, still horrible at it, but again I'm learning and having fun. I've been tying my own "stuff" for a while now, plenty of home made jigs and streamer type things, I've done somewhat well with them from time to time.

Anyway I'm sure that's a bit long winded but well, I get that way sometimes...

p.s. name is Jerome, i just happen to like the "steelhunter" handle
wasteelhunter

Postby richwest » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:33 pm

Welcome to the club Jerome,

I hope you will keep enjoing "our" fishing sim. (I hope Paul will excuse me for saying our, :lol: )

If you want to share your flies, try the flycreationtool in the game and be welcome to share them with our community.

you can send an email to me (see my profile) with the files of your flies.
Then they will be registered in the flycatalogue. (see clubhouse library)

Happy steelhunting, and other exciting species.

Regards Richard.
richwest

Postby dcarp » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:03 pm

Welcome Jerome!

Great to see another "left" coaster in the community. I moved to this side of the Cascades about 15 years ago from southern Idaho. Coverted myself from a slow-water bait and spinner fisherman to the fly guy. Landed my first steelie on a fly about a year ago and have never been the same since.

I'm like that St. Croix fly rod advertisement:

They say I had a pretty good career going.... until I started fly fishing...

I know how you feel. I was down with back trouble for a couple months (one ruptured and one bulging disc) last winter and it was no fun. Hang in there and take care of yourself. I didn't find RWFF until after I was healed up! Lucky you!

Anyway, welcome to the community. Be sure to check out the Clubhouse. There's lots of ways to spend your time there.

Tight lines and strong backs!

DCarp (Dave)
dcarp

Postby Fishin Musician » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:11 pm

Welcome Jerome,
Glad you like our Fly Fishing Family on the web. You'll find many friendly fishermen round here all willing to help out.
Philip
Fishin Musician

Postby wasteelhunter » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:35 am

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I've messed with the personal fly tying in game, even made one that is very close to my absolute favorite coho fly (i downloaded some of the salmon outings) it's a hugely gaudy bright red-orange thing, apparently close to a sand shrimp that we have out here. I may just have to share that one. Just be warned it is the UGLIEST thing you have ever seen and yet for some strange reason it works incredibly well IRL when I hit a school of coho running one of my favorite pools. Seems to work well in game also, caught my biggest steelhead so far on it.

Anyway thank you for the welcome and the info about the site, I'll definately check it out.

~J
wasteelhunter

Postby paul » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:30 pm

Welcome, and thanks so much for your comments about RWFF! I'm glad it's helping you pass the time while you're healing up so you can get to those salmon and steelhead. I envy you for the rivers in your area. We've got some great trout waters here in Wisconsin, but I love to fish Western rivers for the big sea-run fish when I get the chance. And right now my locals waters are far too solid for fly fishing.

And Richwest, by all means it's "our" sim. =) I may have written the software, but this community brings it to life. Lots of the features were suggested by people on the forum, and now this world-wide group of friends is adding new locations and fish much faster than I ever could.

Tight lines to all,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby wasteelhunter » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:26 pm

paul wrote:I envy you for the rivers in your area.

Yeah if only I could find them... this self taught thing is a pain...
WTB friends, offering um... uh... comedic relief?

But in all seriousness thank you so much for an awesome game, Hard to believe that it was put together by one person (not including the outings I love so much) you've done a fantastic job on RWFF and absolutely have me hooked for life. I was a bit wary at first spending $40 for a downloaded game but can say it was money well spent.

Also the clubhouse has become a new favorite bookmark, the scoreboards and all of that are a real treat and add a bit of competition to an already great game. Especially since I now hold #1 on the steelhead borad, WOOHOO!!

Thanks again for everything including the warm welcome to the community.

Tight lines and big fish
Jerome
wasteelhunter

Re: I just have to say...

Postby jessicapatel123 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:24 am

hello everyone i'm jessica patel and also new user.

regards
jessica patel
jessicapatel123

Postby rwwalleye » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:57 pm

Hi Jessica,
Welcome to our forum. Forum is a little slow now but since it is getting closer to Winter, activity will pick up. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. There are many people from all over the world, looking in on the forum. So, any questions someone will answer. Roger (rwwalleye).
rwwalleye

Postby Scottish Warrior » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:30 pm

Hi Jessica,
On Holiday In The Philippines but wish to Welcome You to Our Little Club,
Enjoy Everything Available,it is all awesome,
Regards Martin aka Scottish Warrior
I am so glad to be part of this
Scottish Warrior

Postby Tabjones » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:33 am

I simply needed to state this is the most astounding angling amusement I have ever observed and an immense thank you to the engineer.
24x7 Effective Coursework writing help Services in UK
Tabjones

Postby EssayWriter » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:50 am

I just want to say to everyone, cause I`m new here. And I see that this is the excellent community that is devoted to specific topic. It`s a pleasure to spend time with such an amount of co-thinkers.
Get excellent results with Buy An Essay Online Online the service for amazing homeworks, papers and dissertations. Rely on the authors who use only the modern sources for the research. Apply and quickly get the necessary document.
EssayWriter

Postby adolfalexander » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:36 am

Welcome to our gathering. Discussion is a little moderate now however since it is inspiring nearer to Winter, movement will get. On the off chance that you have any inquiries don't delay to inquire. There are many individuals from everywhere throughout the world, looking in on the gathering. In this way, any inquiries somebody will reply. Dissertation Writing Services
adolfalexander

Return to Other