Upgrade pricing

Questions about ordering, miscellaneous

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Upgrade pricing

Postby KT » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:55 am

I have the original version of your game. Unless I'm incorrect, it appears that I'd have to pay full price to upgrade to the new version. I understand the complications of developing your software, marketing, surviving in business...lol...

But, in fairness to the original buyers and supporters of the game, why not offer an upgrade from the original game, at least in pricing? It's a common practice, online, for many software releases. I have a limited budget; my problem, not yours. But still, we've already paid for a version of the game in the past that's now outdated, and it seems a bit unfair that original buyers should pay another $40 dollars to enjoy the new game. It's as if we should have not bought it originally. Why not slightly compensate those who support your efforts, helping them to continue to support them. It's win-win. This way, I'm sure many are left out, including my household.

Thanks for your efforts in trying to listen to your customers and trying to improve your product, regardless of your feelings on this issue.
KT

Postby paul » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:16 pm

My feelings on this issue are the same as yours. 8) For some time I had an upgrade option for owners of the earlier versions on the web store, priced at $10 for the download (the difference between the price of the current edition and the previous one.) I only took that down because in the last few months there haven't been any takers for the upgrade. I'll put that back on the store and let you know when it's up again.

Thanks for your support!

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby paul » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:25 pm

This link will let you get the upgrade from an earlier full version (original edition or Deluxe edition) to the Third Edition for $10:

http://www.marketerschoice.com/app/netc ... ID=3811432

Let me know if you have any trouble upgrading.

Tight lines,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Return to Other