Fighting flybox?

Help for technical issues

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Fighting flybox?

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:44 pm

Hi All:

I am having the same problem as Whitewolf. I love the St. Maries adon but on scene 7 when I catch a large fish, presumably a sturgeon, it comes up with a fighting flybox, then a C++ Debug error. I am running XP Pro SP3. I tried to unzip the "sturgeon" file to my fish file, tried to copy the file to the Fish folder, tried to reinstall the St. Maries exe. program and got the same results. Everything else, at least the original Outings from RWFF, seem to work just fine. Did I miss something on the St. Maries installation? Your help on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Fighting flybox?

Postby richwest » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:58 pm

Stanley,

Fighting flyboxes indicates theat you are missing a fish species.

download the following files to get all species availlable, except the latest ones.

http://www.rwff.janrochat.com/Species1.zip
http://www.rwff.janrochat.com/Species2.zip
http://www.rwff.janrochat.com/Species3.zip
http://www.rwff.janrochat.com/Species4.zip

Regards Richard
richwest

Postby richwest » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:28 pm

Stanley,

The species you are missing would be Chinook Salmon, for sturgeon is included in the st. mary download.

Regards Richard
richwest

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:02 pm

Thanks Richard, can always count on your capable help! A nice shinny Chinook Salmon will be much nicer than a fighting flybox on the end of my line. :D I will download the fish files and give that a try. Many thanks again.

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:00 am

:?: Hi Richard: Please help! I downloaded the Lackawaxen River Zip file, extracted it to the default RWFF folder: "C:\Program Files\PishTech\Real World Fly Fishing", but the outing is not showing up in my list of fishing sites. Do I need to manually copy the unzipped files to any particular folder within the program? I installed other addons outings and they seem to install and show up just fine. Do I need to unzip the fish species zip files to the "fish" folder? Or do I just unzip them to the default RWFF folder.Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby nccorthu » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:14 am

The problem is that the lawaxen folder was expanded either into a folder it created under Outings. or possibly another folder. Go to windows explorer and search for the lawaxen folder and move ( drag) it into the outings folder. You will notice that each outing must be in a folder with its name and directly under the outings folder. In some cases depending how its compressed, with what path can have fish food, etc. in the wrong places so you want to check where it is and then move it to where it should be.
Gary Orthuber
nccorthu

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:08 am

:D Hi Gary: Thanks for coming to the rescue. I followed your instructions,Success! :D Yes, Montana and Idaho are great places for flyfishing with crystaline water, blue sky, nice people and good sized trout. Not to mention great steaks and potato! For a city boy from Hong Kong I was fortunate to go to school there, instead of LA and NY and other concrete jungle. I grew to love the outdoors and in particular flyfishing on the blue ribbon streams and spring creeks in Montana.Where do you fish in California? I lived in Fresno for a few years, teaching at the university there. I used to fish the King's river, Hat Creek, Fall river, private bass ponds and some smaller streams up in the National Parks surrounding the metro area. Again, many thanks for your help!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Tech Support