This game drives Me nuts!!!!

Help for technical issues

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

This game drives Me nuts!!!!

Postby oxquo » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:14 am

I have formatted My computer, added nothing but windows and RWFF still I have to hard restart My PC while playing the game due to freezing. I thought maybe it was a conflict with fishsim, its not on anymore, I was also using update 119. I think hard restarting My PC is tougher than resisting the temptation of playing a game. I am at a loss of what to do, the problem is that I bought the download version, so am I out a wad of cash on a game that is slowly offing My computer if I can't play it safely? I am using an Acer 3800 desktop with 1 gig of ram have 190 free gigs hard drive and a G-force vid card which was added in. I play quake wars at full tilt on this machine with no stalling yet I can't seem to play a fishing game. Fishsim2 plays great as does flysim so I guess I can't say can't play a fishing game. I am at a loss, I have caught a max of 10 fish before restarting My frozen up PC, maybe its just My machine, who knows. I would like to try putting the game on another PC before giving up on it, will I need a new installation code? If it works on the smaller PC that will be awesome, if not, I will be wishing I would have boughten the hackle instead lol. Please help, The game has to go from this computer right away, thanks.
oxquo

Postby oxquo » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:48 am

okay, I've switched computers, I hope to install on this PC and all goes well. I don't think I've had a desire to play a game this much ever. I've re installed atleast a dozen times and hard restarted My PC atleast 40x since getting the game, this is My last shot, My fingers are crossed.
oxquo

Postby wasteelhunter » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:08 am

just a thought but are your graphic drivers up to date? that seems to be a common problem with some machines on most programs when you get the start and stop problem.
wasteelhunter

Difficulties.

Postby ororomicha » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:46 am

Hi Oxquo,
Welcome aboard. I'm a complete pc novice myself and had
awful difficulties at first due to a very simple thing.Do check that you have
no other programs working in the background, in my case it was Google
desktop, close program - end of problem. I didn't give it a thought and Paul was helping me for days to find a soloution. It may not solve your problem, but it is well worth checking. I do hope this helps you, as you
will have many hours/days/weeks/months of enjoyment and a little frustration ahead. :wink: :wink: :wink:
' TIGHT LINES ' & Good Hunting.
Mike O'rorke. -Chelmsford - U.K.
ororomicha

Return to Tech Support