Trouble downloading members outings

Help for technical issues

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Re: Trouble downloading members outings

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:00 am

Hi JD:

Like Chuck said you are really close. If you have downloaded all the needed files AND put them into their respective folders there is no reason why the outings wouldn't work. There are a couple of possibilities here though. The first is there are still some files missing ( I know it is very difficult to get all of them as they are scattered all over the Forum), or files misplaced. People seemed to have "nested" folder problems. A nested folder is an unopened folder within another folder. e.g. If you downloaded say a fish folder with five fish inside it, instead of expanding that folder and copying the five fish files into your RWFF fish folder, you dragged the whole unopened fish folder into the RWFF fish folder. If you did that the software will not be able to read the contents in the folder and will return an error.

The first thing I would check would be to look at each of the food, fish and sound folders and see if you have any nested folders (unopened folders) inside it. If you do, then just expand that folder and copy all the items into the main food, fish, sound folder and then deleted the empty folder from which you have taken the items.

The outing folder is a little different. When you download an outing folder you DO NOT open that folder at all. You just copy or drag the whole outing into the RWFF folder.

There are a couple of things that we can do to try to resolve your install issue. You can copy and paste your "content_errors.txt" here and we can have a good look at it and see what is missing or misplaced. Another thing you can do is to make a snap shot of your fish, food and sound folders and post it here and we can examine it and see if everything has been put into their right places.

The Mohican River is a pretty old outing and should have older fish in it. If you had downloaded all the fish from the club house this outing should work without any problems.

Hope this helps! :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Jersey Devil » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:02 am

Things are lookin up....got a brookie, a brown, and a rainbow today .... in real life :lol:

I just want to say thank you to everyone trying to help. I don't think I've seen a thread this long with so many posts trying to help me. I know I'm a pain and I don't want to intrude too much in this forum. I know things will eventually get sorted out, but thanks everyone and don't worry, I'm not giving up...I'm just getting the real poles out as spring has FINALLY arrived around here. Later. Tight Lines to all, and God bless.
Jersey Devil

Postby FlyManJoe » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:14 am

Hi Jersey Devil, I know that I have made few suggestions on what to do with your problems. But I am pretty sure it is not a pain for any of the members to help others. I know from experience that Stanley (yellowstone7) is very willing to help others. So if you have anymore questions don't feel that you're being a pain.

Glad to here your season is starting off well. We might have start a section in "fishing" to talk more. I know however, in Manitoba, Canada there is still not many signs of snow leaving. And the season starts on may 11. I don't live there but my parents do, and my father still has a lot of enthusiasm about the sport of fishing.
FlyManJoe

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:33 am

Hi Jersey Devil and Everyone:

Joe is right, I am always more than willing to help someone who has an interest in RWFF. I was a teacher in my previous life and I don't mind helping who who cares. I once helped a member who was not very experienced in working with computers and folders and it took us three days to resolve his install problems via Windows messenger exchanging images and files. A picture is definitely worth a thousand words, especially if you have nested folders. If you stick with it we will have you fishing in no time. :lol:

Looks like catching real fish is easier than the virtual ones for you. LOL Congratulations on your opening day bounty. :lol: A good start to a new season for sure. We do have a thread where people talk about fishing in real life on our Forum. It will be fun to see some of your fishing places and catches. Almost all of us who are on the forum do real fishing so any post on that would be very interesting for our members.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Previous

Return to Tech Support