Error Message

Help for technical issues

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Error Message

Postby Vince » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:38 pm

Hi all. Got the following and can't resove it. Windows 7. Any thoughts ? Thanks.

content_errors.txt
Errors were found in outing, fish or food files:

Site site01 in outing C L Silver Creek Collector's includes fish Jumping Brown Trout which can't be loaded.
Error loading fish.def for site site01 in outing C L Silver Creek Collector's.
Couldn't load definition for site site01 in outing C L Silver Creek Collector's.
Site site02 in outing C L Silver Creek Collector's includes fish Jumping Brown Trout which can't be loaded.
Error loading fish.def for site site02 in outing C L Silver Creek Collector's.
Couldn't load definition for site site02 in outing C L Silver Creek Collector's.
Site site03 in outing C L Silver Creek Collector's includes fish Jumping Brown Trout which can't be loaded.
Error loading fish.def for site site03 in outing C L Silver Creek Collector's.
Couldn't load definition for site site03 in outing C L Silver Creek Collector's.
Site site04 in outing C L Silver Creek Collector's includes fish Jumping Brown Trout which can't be loaded.
Error loading fish.def for site site04 in outing C L Silver Creek Collector's.
Couldn't load definition for site site04 in outing C L Silver Creek Collector's.
Site site05 in outing C L Silver Creek Collector's includes fish Jumping Brown Trout which can't be loaded.
Error loading fish.def for site site05 in outing C L Silver Creek Collector's.
Couldn't load definition for site site05 in outing C L Silver Creek Collector's.
Site site06 in outing C L Silver Creek Collector's includes fish Jumping Brown Trout which can't be loaded.
Error loading fish.def for site site06 in outing C L Silver Creek Collector's.
Couldn't load definition for site site06 in outing C L Silver Creek Collector's.
Site site07 in outing C L Silver Creek Collector's includes fish Jumping Brown Trout which can't be loaded.
Error loading fish.def for site site07 in outing C L Silver Creek Collector's.
Couldn't load definition for site site07 in outing C L Silver Creek Collector's.
Vince

Re: Error Message

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:32 pm

Hi Vince:

Welcome to our Tech Support Forum. Sorry you are having trouble with the Silver Creek Collector outing.

Your content-error.txt indicate that the Jumping Brown Trout is either missing from your main RWFF fish folder, or the file is corrupt(very unlikely but possible). Please check and see if the Jumping Brown Trout is in your fish folder first. Go to your main RWFF folder and open the "fish" folder, and see if the Jumping Brown Trout is there.

The "Silver Creek Collector Edition" was uploaded with all the necessary fish files. Sometimes these don't get copied and pasted into the main RWFF fish folder and this will cause errors.

Please come back and let us know if you have the problem resolved. Good luck and good fishing. :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Vince » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:41 pm

Yup, it's there. Jumping Brown Trout 2. Thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated.
Vince

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:17 am

Hi Vince:

It is becoming a bit of a mystery now. :P I just downloaded the "Silver Creek Collectors" and installed it again (like other RWFF members would) in my own RWFF and it works just fine. I did notice your error-contents.txt makes reference to "Jumping Brown Trout" instead of "Jumping Brown Trout 2". I used the "Jumping Brown Trout 2" in the Silver Creek Collector outing.

Let's try this and see if this will do the job. Please download the "Jumping Brown Trout" zip file here, unzip it and open the zip file, then drag and drop the "Jumping Brown Trout" into your main RWFF fish folder. Then run the outing again and see if it works for you.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2010/6/22/ ... 0Trout.zip

Let me know if this works. If not then we have to do a bit of trouble shooting later.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Vince » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:45 am

Did the trick, thanks. Got another for you later. Time for a beer now, cheers !
Vince

Postby Vince » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:53 pm

Here's another for all 8 sites:

content_errors.txt
Errors were found in outing, fish or food files:

Site s01 in outing Sw Lake Martin Alabama includes fish Jumping Smallmouth Bass which can't be loaded.
Error loading fish.def for site s01 in outing Sw Lake Martin Alabama.
Couldn't load definition for site s01 in outing Sw Lake Martin Alabama.

Thanks
Vince

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:40 pm

Hi Vince:

Same problem as before, the Jumping Small Mouth Bass is missing from your main fish file.

Here is a link for some of the jumping fish species which includes the Jumping Small Mouth Bass.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3890

Most of the new Jumping fish species downloads can be found in the Development Forum. Just browse the Development Forum and download any new fish that you don't already have and you will be good to go!

Enjoy your fishing and let us know how you like some of the outings. :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Vince » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:46 pm

Getting the same now for jumping largemouth. Did a search but can't find it. Thanks.
Vince

Postby Vince » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:23 pm

Disregard my last, found the bass. Looked and found chain pickerel but the link does not work.
Vince

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:08 pm

Hi Vince:

Try this link and see if it works. Should have the Pickerel and 4 other fish in it.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2010/6/22/ ... ichard.zip

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Vince » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:46 am

Worked beautiful. Thanks again. Great game, great forum.
Vince

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:45 am

Hi Vince:

Glad everything is working out for you, another happy RWFF fisherman! :P

Do check in once in a while and better yet, share your catches, ideas and stories on the RWFF with us. :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Vince » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:47 pm

Now looking for jumping rainbow, found jumping red rainbow but the outing is looking for the former. Thanks.
Vince

Postby Vince » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:32 pm

Found the rainbow, now looking for jumping spotted bass. These files can hide as well as the fish they represent .....
Vince

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:37 pm

Hi Vince and Everyone:

Yeah, I know it is a pain to try to find all the fish species posted at random. This is one of the reasons I wished we had a functioning Club House. I included the Jumping Spotted Bass in my Florida Everglades outing. Here is the download link for it. Give this outing a try as I thought this was one of my nicest outings. You will be surprised, and will chuckle at a couple of the scenes. 8)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3921

I have been working on making a download file of the Jumping fish, also other new species but the file size is over 100 Megabytes which is too large for a single download. Maybe over this weekend I will split the new fish files into two and post them on the Fileden server. This way the members can download all the new fish species one file at a time. 50 Megs is not too bad if you have a fast broadband but it will take a long time to download on a slow connection. I will post the links on the Development Forum when the files are split up and ready for download.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Next

Return to Tech Support