Fish run to bottom of the screen

Help for technical issues

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Fish run to bottom of the screen

Postby oldclapper » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:02 pm

Now I'm really enjoying RWFF with all the new outings I have downloaded. I do however have a small problem in that after being played for a short while fish run off the bottom of the screen and sulk there! Occasionally when I have released the pressure they will swim off but soon run back and hide! I can land then from this position but it is a bit of a heave and pull situation! I'm running Windows 7 32 bit with Version128 B90716. Anyone else have the same problem and is there a fix? Ron
oldclapper

Re: Fish run to bottom of the screen

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:34 pm

Hi Ron:

Maybe there is a sunken log, or a rock ledge just under the bottom front part of the screen? :lol: I am just kidding, of course. This is a great idea that I will experiment with in my future outings.

How to land the fish,you have come to a very interesting and unique part of the RWFF program and everybody has his own way of doing this. Some play and land big fish with the drag turned way down and make the reel fight against the pulling fish. Others use big lines and tackle and just haul the fish in. You can do this with small and medium sized fish but not with the bigger ones. Remember the maximum leader strength that we have is set at only 16 lbs so some finesse is required in handling the bigger fish.

Generally speaking the physics of the game has it that the fish will pull in the opposite direction of the force that you apply. e.g. If the fish is stronger than the leader that you use, the more you pull in one direction the more the fish will go to the other direction. When a fish goes to the bottom of the scene, and if the fish is too big, or not tired enough to land, it will sulk and stay there. My technique is to give it a little slack, then pull sideways towards the center of the scene. Mostly of the time the fish will "swim" again, and will give a little. So a little slack, pull in the opposite direction and the fish will fight again. You really have to experiment a little to get the feel for this. Good luck landing that big record fish.

Hope this helps. :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Fish run to bottom of the screen

Postby oldclapper » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:14 am

Helllo Stanley, thanks for your help what I have been experiencing is exactly what you describe so I'm OK with that! :lol:
Now we are totally snowed in! First time for 20 years, so a lot more RWFF over the next few days!
Worried about the turkey though! :roll: Regards, Ron
oldclapper

Return to Tech Support