You noticed a bug? Here is the Bug Checklist for Paul

Help for technical issues

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

You noticed a bug? Here is the Bug Checklist for Paul

Postby taupo_tiger » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:16 am

hello,

i open this thread for small bugs that occur to make it easier for paul to fix them up.
taupo_tiger

Postby taupo_tiger » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:18 am

@paul, could you please check the first site of the highlands challenge?

please "learn" the fish to flee to the right, because it is impossible to fight them IN the water - they are always "flying trout"
taupo_tiger

Another bug

Postby Bobcat John » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:55 pm

Paul
I have noticed that since we are fishing in the experience mode in the club house. That the endless jumping fish is still happening it has been always the bigeer fish and it happens a lot at the polis trib first site. but it is also happening on the cheboygen and the dechutes. It seams to happen all over the screen but the only item I could find is that it is always the larger fish. and the only way to end it is to break the fish off. which in the challenge mode it cost you points for lost fly. I still think this is a great way to spend the time, you can't get on the river. I look forward to each new river but I still enjoy all the others. I have the latest revision installed.

Thanks.
I've spent the most important time of my life fishing. What was left over I wasted.

Bobcat John

Bobcat John

Postby Cutch » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:57 am

These have to be bugs.

1. In this one hole in Polis River. small 5, 6, and 7 inch trout break your line when they go to the left. I'm using a 12 wt. rod and 16 lb leader in the video. It only happens to me in this one hole, but, I happens just about every time I fish this it :?:

POLIS RIVER BUG

2. In small streams, when the trout go to the left, they climb the bank and continue to climb, before you land them. It's hard to see, but watch on the left. It happens in most of the small streams, but only when the trout go to the left.l

SMALL STREAM BUG

3. Here's the stuck, jumping Steelhead. It happens in all the Steelhead streams. When this happens, I yank and break the fish off. I haven't had it happen with Salmon however :?:

STUCK, JUMPING STEELHEAD

I believe these are some of the bugs the folks have been mentioning :?:
Cutch

Postby Pitti » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:10 am

Hi :)

Sometimes caughts are not registered into the score_log.txt. It sends a blank line. You can find these empty lines at the score_log. It shows like:

Fish: 13 inch BrownTrout from 0001_OakValleyCreek; Code: ZITGDIIHKCVVNUZEVROCEHQMB
Fish: 15 inch BrownTrout from 0001_OakValleyCreek; Code: TENCWTZUESBBYHJTFHCQTSYCD
Fish: 15 inch BrownTrout from 0001_OakValleyCreek; Code: JDWYIAXBZJEPOHFLWRJLKBYCD

Fish: 12 inch BrownTrout from 0001_OakValleyCreek; Code: LIOBUOEGDUTBKSNRXLKONXWNK
Fish: 11 inch BrownTrout from 0005_CzechCouleeCreek; Code: LWHDYWQIMCOIZNXITCRPHLCQK

Regards Peter
Pitti

Postby oppimax » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:08 pm

Ciao Paul,

I got the same problem descripted by Peter.

If I'm fish-chatting I realize that it wasn't registered as I can't hear the "wahoo!" sound.

The score-log is as Peter showed.

Ciao
Massimo
oppimax

Postby paul » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:10 pm

The trout flying to the left might be explained by the physics involved. It's possible in the real world and in the game to pull hard enough on a fish (especially a small one) to flip it out of the water. The direction it would go would depend upon where it is and the angle of the rod when you pull. I did find an issue in the fish logic that could make them favor going to left at times. That's fixed in version 116. Generally they will favor deeper water over shallow water, and of course they'll try to get farther from you more often than not.

I also found a possible cause for the endless jumping fish. This one is hard to test since it's such a highly variable scenario, but I believe this is also fixed in version 116.

The breakoff happening when the fish are off to the left is most likely due to the fish being pulled out of the water and hung up on the shore. With the experienced or expert skill levels you line can get caught on the shoreline, potentially including in that moment when a fish has been flipped onto the bank. When you're snagged, just put a moderate amount of tension on the line and wait a few seconds. It will usually come loose, but sometimes it will break.

I haven't been able to reproduce the error with the score log, and looking at the source code I can't see how it could ever produce a blank line. If this only happens when the chat tool is running however, it could be that when the game is trying to update the score file the chat tool may be accessing the file, making the game fail to update the log. I'll have to do some testing to confirm this. If that's what's going on the solution would be to make the game create a different file as a flag to the chat tool that a fish has been caught, so the chat tool wouldn't look at the score log directly.

I'm uploading version 116 today.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Return to Tech Support