Help! I can't install... Error message

Help for technical issues

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Help! I can't install... Error message

Postby SierraFlyfisher » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:43 pm

When I try to open the setup file for RWFF, I get a message that says "Not a valid win32 application". What do I do?
SierraFlyfisher

Re: Help! I can't install... Error message

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:59 am

Hi Sierra:

Welcome to our RWFF community and forum. Hopefully we will get you going and fishing in no time at all. :P

Are you installing from a RWFF disk or a setup file downloaded from the Pishtech website? If it is a downloaded file I would delete it and download a fresh copy and try to install again. The old downloaded file might be corrupt. If the problem persists please tell us what version of Windows you are using as different versions might require a slightly different set up.

Once you get RWFF set up you will need to update it to the latest version V.128. The update can be found on the Pishtech website. There are many threads on the Forum that deals with the various problems of installing updates, custom outings, etc. You can do a search and find most of the answers there. If not, come back and tell us what your problem is and we will be glad to help you out. Can't keep a man from his fishing, right?

Good luck!

Yellowstone7
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby SierraFlyfisher » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:55 pm

Thanks... Paul got me going. Now I have another question. How do you create an outing? I downloaded the outing kit, but it won't open. It just see a black window flicker once then nothing. Any ideas?
SierraFlyfisher

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:09 am

Hi Sierra:

The flicker problem will be a good one for Paul. :P

There is an outing making tutorial by Pitti in the Club House which is very helpful and well put together and this should get you started. Outing making is fun and rewarding and I really enjoy that myself. Check out the Yellowstone7 outings in the Club House.

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Tech Support