Trouble with activation

Help for technical issues

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Trouble with activation

Postby Mcraiga » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:45 am

Hi all,

With winter coming on I was starting to have the fly fishing blues and so on a whim I did an internet search and found a review of real world flyfishing. I ordered and downloaded at lunch today so when I got home I could try it out. Install went fine and I registered and received an email with activation code. When I start the game the register/activation window opens, I type in the activation code I was given and a box opens saying I have successfully registered and to push OK to start the game. I do this and the windows close and then......nothing. The game won't start. If I hit the shortcut again I'm back to the register/activation window and same cycle.

Any thoughts? I was really looking forward to trying out the game tonight.

I use windows XP sp3

Thanks for any thoughts on how to get this going. (I also emailed Paul directly)
Mcraiga

Re: Trouble with activation

Postby geraldro » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:49 am

Hi Mcraiga,Image

Welcome on this forumImage

I think that this is not a problem with activation but with your Pc:

1- Have you the last update of directx ?
2- Graphic Card ?
3- Which version of RWFF you have ? you can see that in the file "txt" "rwffver" which is in your RWFF folder.

Image Image Image

Regards

Gérald
geraldro

Postby Mcraiga » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:53 am

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for the welcome. Yes I have the last available update of directx 9.0c. My graphics card is an XFX Radeon 4870 with 1 gig of memory (only a week old) with latest video drivers - Catalyst 9.10.

The version I have is the one I was linked to when I purchased the game. It says 125 in the file you referenced. Any ideas on what to try?

Thanks,

Mitch
Mcraiga

Postby geraldro » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:58 am

The last version is 128, you can dll....http://www.pishtech.com/downloads.php3

Regards

Gérald
geraldro

Postby geraldro » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:02 am

after installation, do not forget to click on"rwff_update"
geraldro

Postby Mcraiga » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:19 am

Thank You Gerald!!!

I updated to 1.28 and activation worked like a charm. I just caught my first brook trout - small at 10.5 inches but completely satisfying. Especially since its dark, cold and pouring rain outside. Back to some fishing action....

My Best,

Mitch
Mcraiga

Postby geraldro » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:22 am

Hi Mitch,

Image Image

Regards

Gérald
geraldro

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:03 pm

Hi Mitch:

A big welcome to the RWFF forum and fishing community. I think you have just "stumbled" onto the greatest fishing simulator on the planet. Sometimes we, the members at the RWFF forum, forget that this is a simulator as everything is so real, including the people who so are involved in this game. :lol:

You post your problem and you got instant help from our great Geraldro who lives in France!! How cool is that? :P :P

Please visit our Club House (managed wonderfully by Richard) and the RWFF Development forum. There you will find a bewildering number of fantastic custom outings,addons and downloads for your game. While the RWFF basic program is great and works very well, adding the custom outings will be a little challenging for the uninitiated. However, we have many active members on the forum that will provide you with 24/7 help if you need it. We can't stand fishermen stranded and cannot get to his fishing destinations.

Hope to see more of you on our wonderful Forum.

Good luck and tight lines,

Regards,

Stanley (Yellowstone7)
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Tech Support