Water Animation jerking

Help for technical issues

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Water Animation jerking

Postby feinripp » Thu May 10, 2007 5:13 pm

Hi,

First of all i like to say thx for making a fly fishing game like this. Great.
I just installed the demo but although the game looks very nice i have one big problem:
The Water animation is badly jerking /stepping. It looks like i got only 2-3 frames a second. This occures only with the water animaltion. The flies and everythin else runs smooth. Framerate is ok. My system is far beyond the requirements so i think there must be something wrong with my installation.

Its not possible for me to look at it at a longer time, annoying.
:( Is this a known problem, can it be fixed?
Thank you very much,
regards Ralf
feinripp

Postby Pitti » Thu May 10, 2007 6:54 pm

Hi Ralf,

you are right. The water runs with very few frames per sec. It's a thing of memory, I think. Your maschine and the installation is ok.

You can disable the water animation if you want . Here are some shortcuts:

Mouse wheel line stripping - Use the mouse wheel to strip small amounts of line in or out while fishing.

Fly boxes by category - You can select certain types of flies to find the pattern you're after more quickly.

Faster flybox switching - Hold down the shift key to skip the animation of putting away one box and taking out another if you want to get through the boxes rapidly.

Water animation toggle - If you prefer a still background in stead of the moving water, hold down shift and press the down arrow key while fishing. To turn the water animation back on use shift and the up arrow key.

Regards Pitti
Pitti

Postby feinripp » Thu May 10, 2007 7:00 pm

Thank you Pitti for fast response. .
I will try this.
Tight lines..
Ralf
feinripp

Postby feinripp » Wed May 16, 2007 8:12 am

I disabled the water animation. Fine. But after catching a view fish, i find that without water animation the game looks like fishing in a postcard. :( .
Well i think that my exspectations were pitched to high.
I will wait if sometime a simulation with more realistic environment will hit the market.
Anyway.. thanks for support.

Regards Ralf
feinripp

Return to Tech Support