Ice Fishing Yellow perch

Discussion about fishing in real life

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Ice Fishing Yellow perch

Postby FlyManJoe » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:14 pm

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has a few tips on ice fishing for yellow perch I am heading up to my parents house in Manitoba for a couple days to celebrate new years and my father asked me if I wanted to go fishing at a lake called Lyons lake (much of pond instead of a lake) anyway I fished there a lot when i was a teenager and remembered catching some good perch off the dock. I haven't been ice fishing in three years but I have only caught perch ice fishing once (more of a trout and pike guy) so I don't really know much about perch. If anyone could give a few pointers as to the location and rig would be much appreciated as my father and I always like to have friendly competitions with each other.:Joe
FlyManJoe

Re: Ice Fishing Yellow perch

Postby perchmister » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:09 pm

Joe

I fish for perch in Manitoba too, except i fish in the red river and it's tribituaries eg. Netley Creek, i live on Netley and like you i catch a lot of perch off the dock and i have caught several big ones ice fishing in the area and it seems that jigs about 1/32 ounce size work really good with half minnows on it.

Hope this helps a bit.

Braedan (Perchmister)
perchmister

Return to Fishing