Cotswolds trip

Discussion about fishing in real life

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Cotswolds trip

Postby barrycuda » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:44 pm

I have just come back from a few days in the beautiful county of Gloucester, a few miles from the Coltswolds.

A trip to the picture postcard town of Bourton in the water has increased my desire to go fly fishing for real, some time soon...

As the river Windrush runs thgrough the town, the crystal clear water revealed brown & rainbow trout swimming in the shallow depths, the smaller fish in the gentler currents, while the real beauties enjoyed the faster flowing and deeper water towards the other end of town.
I just stood there watching these wonderful fish, looking forward to the day when I might finally cast my first fly.

Andy

:P
barrycuda

Re: Cotswolds trip

Postby Barns » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:57 pm

Hi Andy

Yes lovely place, and to see all these fish just swimming up and down the stream. Take you take a look around the trout fishery and see the rather large fish. Its been about 10 years since i was last there.

My offer is still on the table. First time you are in Scotland there are free fly fishing lessons available. Might even throw in some lessons on how to tye flies.

All the best

Barns
ps between football, fishing competitions and keeping the books up to date, i am very busy. Off on holiday next week so a bit of relaxation, maybe get some fishing practice in.
Barns

Return to Fishing