Cannot land large fish in Great Barrier Reef?

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Cannot land large fish in Great Barrier Reef?

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:53 am

Hi Richard and All:

Enjoy your new outing, the Great Barrier Reef immensely. :D However, I have had this fishing landing problem twice now (fishing in Beginner's mode) and I am wondering if this is a program fault?? I would hook a large fish, it would fight normally for a while on the left side of the screen, then the fish goes to the extreme right of the screen and just sits there, pulling on the drag. First time I broke it off after about twenty minutes. The second time I let it "do its thing" for about an hour and the line finally broke itself. Is the fish too large to land even with the biggest rod and thickest of leader? Was this program fault or was this design intentional? This is similar situation to the D Lires outing but in the D Lires outing the fish would land itself after a while. Your comments on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :D :D

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Cannot land large fish in Great Barrier Reef?

Postby Barns » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:02 am

Hi Stanley

Yes, i had same problem fishing in experience, i was taken to right of screen 4 times and broken.

Still great outing and plenty of variety to catch.

Regards

Barns
Barns

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:46 am

Hi Barns:

Yeah, it was frustrating not to land those big fish. Wonder what they were and how big?? :D :D I kept fishing and I was able to land this nice Golden Trevally. Worked hard to keep the fish from going to the right of the screen and disappearing again. However, this fish never took me into my backing so it was supposed to be "landable"?? :P

Fish was caught in Beginner mode. Caught code: Fish: 39.94 inch Golden Trevally from great barrier reef; Code: OPWUWWOOOVNUKMGKHNGGCPVKPTVOTOPUXEAPGDEUTZ

Regards,

Stanley

Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby richwest » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:37 pm

Guys,

The only thing I can think of is that we are fishing here at the very limits of the game.
The fish are just not big enough to land itself, so the program is looping it's routine.
When putting the drag to max and pulling hard, even in beginner the line will break.

I will go to the bottom to figure things out and when needed bring down max accepted fish sizes so every species can be caught on max size,
if fished the right way.

Regards Richard
richwest

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:18 am

Hi Richard:

I just hooked another monster and he is on the right side of the screen. I minimized the program to do other things. I think he will break me off after a while. Got a glimpse of the fish on the screen before he was hooked. It looked like a huge one. Maybe you are right, the program was not handling the monster size fish. I will be content with a "reasonably large" one.

Your new outing has been a great success and lots of fun. :D :D I think the nicest feature about it are the new varieties of fish, sizes large and small, and the unpredictable factor in catching a fish of different specie and size every time you cast. I also like the lair where the fish would be holding and the current flow. Pretty realistic. Being fishermen you and I both know that 90% of the fish lives in 10% of water, depending on light, food and protection. The reefs scene is nice and realistic with great holding places, obstacles and current flow. Pretty good stuff!! :D :D

I will update my catch records and will send them to you when I have them completed. Would be nice to see a fish in every catagory in the Club House records.... Come on, guys, send in your catch records and keep Richard busy! :P :P :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Barns » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:05 am

Hi Stanley

Nice fish, congratulations. I myself have been trying under experience mode as there seems to be nobody entering any fish, will try and keep Richard busy.
I am also almost finished creating my first outing. It is now working but just doing some last minute tests on it. Don't expext to catch monster fish in it.
It is a small local River that was polluted, but over the last 5 years we have seen a huge return in Salmon and Sea trout.

Regards

Barns
Barns

Postby richwest » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:20 am

Brian,

Great to hear your outing is comming soon, can't wait to fish it!
Would be nice to give our arms a bit of rest after holding the giants :lol: :lol: :lol:

Unlike Stanley, I have to hold my joystick because of force feed back, when I let loose my joystick, the line will break from the constant
pulling of the fish. Is much exciting, feeling the fish pulling in your hands.

Regards Richard
richwest

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:31 pm

Hi Barns:

Good to hear you are coming along with a new outing. Can't wait to see it and to try it out. Told Richard I am thinking about doing an outing of Hong Kong waters. We have some nice scenery around here, some pristine outdoors (protected coral reefs) , and some urban water. Getting the pictures for the outing will be no problem. However, getting the shots of people holding the fish in the "caught picture" will be a slight problem for me. I will go down to the local fishing shop to see if they have some brag pictures of local fisherman that I can use. :D :D.

Richard has graciously offered to develope some new fish for me. Thanks Richard, you are the best of the best!! :D :D :D

I am also in the process of updating my caught records. We will keep Richard busy for sure. :P :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Real World Fly Fishing