Notification on fish sizes!!!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Notification on fish sizes!!!

Postby richwest » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:51 pm

I've had some scores reporting giant ray catches from Ibiza2 outing.

These sizes exceed the max size for Ray as mentioned in the RWFF Specieslist.
Therefore these catches will not be added to the scores list, Ibiza2 will like some other outings be banned from highscore list.

For the devellopers among us, pay close attention to the RWFF Specieslist, for not to exceed the max size.
When outings are too easy, hold large quantities of fish per outing or fish sizes are over max. the outing will be unrealistic and therefore banned.

So to all our devellopers, keep it clean and natural (realistic)

I hope I haven't hurt any feelings by this post, but this game is ment to the most realistic fishing game and not a just for fun arcade game.

Regards Richard
richwest

Re: Notification on fish sizes!!!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:02 pm

Hi Richard:

Inspite of having so much fun catching monster size fish in Ibiza 2 and D Lires, I agree with you completely on the need to maintain a "relative realism" in the RWFF outings. This is what makes the game so interesting and rewarding, and different than other fishing simulator programs. I will certainly keep this in mind when I get to produce my own outings this summer.

However, I think there is also room for some "fantasy outings" where one can experience something out of the usual and ordinary. It is like going to a good thriller movie, driving a 200 MPH supercar, or having other nice experiences which I choose not to go into here in the Forum :D.There is room for both. The overly large fish may generate some excited talk and enthusiasm for the RWFF program, which I think is good promotion for the RWFF program and membership. I do think, however, the oversized and out of proportioned fish should not be allowed to go into the Club House records. :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby richwest » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:13 pm

Stanley,

You are completely right, it is not forbidden to create some fun outings, but they are and will be in furure banned if not "realistic"from the scores,
which is intended to be a serious section of our fantastic game.

Regards Richard
richwest

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Hi Richard:

Agreed! :D :D Keep up the fantastic work you have been doing. I am trying to find you a poster for the fishes of Hong Kong :D I hear we have more than 300 different species that lives here. Being a fish nut you would like that. Hope that will help your fish making in the future. LOL

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Real World Fly Fishing