Geraldro strain Super Tuna!!!!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Geraldro strain Super Tuna!!!!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:32 pm

Hi guys:

We have been having so much fun catching these monster tunas that I think it deserves a new thread. :D :D :D After many many break offs I finally landed one. Caught on a super large size 2 crawfish in Beginner mode. Geraldro, what have you done!!!!! Never seen excitement like this on the fish forum:D :D :D

Regards,

Stanley

Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Geraldro strain Super Tuna!!!!

Postby geraldro » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:31 pm

Hi Stanley,

I did not think that my little outing would have so much succes... :D

Its second interest is to show it not encrypted. :D

Each can see the assembly And modify it

for ex:

In the file fish you can add these lines to "Tuna"
SCULPIN=50
SCUD=50
MINNOW=50
CRAYFISH=50
WORM=20
BEETLE=50

Still " bravo " for this record :D

Regards Gérald
geraldro

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:17 pm

Hi Geraldro:

Thanks for "forgetting" the music file in the Saint Tropez outing :D :D which kept us busy for a few days! Then you sent us this really unbelievable D Lires Tuna Adventure to keep the smile on our faces. Much much appreciated. :P :P Richard and Barns are great and persistent fishermen. I am sure they will come up with a fish close to the record soon. :D

I also think the ability to enter and modify the code is a fun idea for some outings. Wish Paul would give us a code for a steel wire leader for these Super Sized fishes. Life will be perfect then. LOL :P :P

Anyway, thanks a million, Geraldro for putting big smiles on our faces. The Japanese would love a large tuna that size! Do we have any fishers from Japan? And if not, why not???? I thought they would love a program like RWFF.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby geraldro » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:41 pm

Stanley,

It is a good idea but I have no picture of outing and no picture of fish. Richard is a great creator of fishs for RWFF, I do not know how to create a fish :oops: .

If you give us some pictures...we can create and better, You can create it is not very difficult look your pm

regards Gérald
geraldro

Postby Yellowstone7 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:21 pm

Oh my god! Over 100 inches? I just can't believe it. I lost the picture because wife had to use computer and clicked the wrong button. :) :) Here is the record for the Super Tuna.... :D :D :D I know this does not go into the Club House record but it was sure fun to catch a submarine disguised as a Super Tuna. Geraldro, you are the best!

Regards,

Stanley

Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby geraldro » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:00 pm

Hi Stanley,

I think that your record is unbeatable, congratulations stanley,Image Image you are the bestImage

Regards Gérald
geraldro

Postby Yellowstone7 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:11 pm

Hi Geraldro:

Just got really lucky :P :oops: Might be a programming error, hehe. Anyway, it was fun while it lasted... :D :D

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby richwest » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:31 pm

Stanley,

You must have changed original maxsize, because original max size is 95" and yes it is even possible to get a 200" fish if you want.
Just let it leave the screen to the right side and wait, it will land itself.

Regards Richard
richwest

Postby Yellowstone7 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:58 pm

Hi Richard:

I didn't change anything in the fish def file. I think Geraldo set the minimum size to 40 and the maximum to 95 as he indicated in another one of his postings. I am kind of puzzled how the size of the last fish I caught got over 100 inches. :D :D That is why I think it was a programming glitch?? You are right about landing the fish... it goes to the right of the screen and will land itself after a wait. Hope Paul can work that one out. :) :)

Regards,

Stanley

Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby geraldro » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:19 pm

No error, in the"fish.DEF" in s01

FOLDER=Tuna
QUANTITY=20
MIN LENGTH=40
MAX LENGTH=105
SPOOKINESS=60
ACTIVITY=50
SELECTIVITY=50
DEPTH=1

:D :D :D

Regards Gérald
geraldro

Postby Barns » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:28 pm

Well done Stanley

I know when i am beaten, i gave up trying after you caught the first monster, but this next one i think must have been a sub. Did you find some steel trace's :lol:

Congratulations

Barns
Barns

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:30 am

Hi Geraldro and All:

Thanks for clarifying the max size issue. So I wasn't dreaming and it was not a technical glitch afterall. It was just blind luck, I guess. :D :D I did make some special large flies for these oversized fish. I will post them later to share with other trophy hunters. Not sure it is the flies but they seem to work well with larger fish. I had lots of fun making them anyway.

Barns, how did you do fishing the Upper Sacramento with just one fly? Any luck? I envy you for living in Scotland, one of my dream places to visit..... being a keen golfer and also an avid fisherman. Maybe one day I will come over and visit you! :D

Years ago I was doing an article for a well known US fishing magazine. I was camping next to the fabled Silver Creek in Idaho in my motor home. The summer storm came and got really cold and wet in a hurry . I was sipping my hot coffee and enjoying the lightening storm outside. Suddenly I saw a man and a woman, drenching wet, climbing out of the Silver Creek, shivering in extreme cold. I invited them into the motorhome and offer them some warm food and drinks. In talking to them I found out that this couple had been travelling over three or four western States. Their project was to fish all the trout waters with just one fly.... the Renagade...and they would write an article for a local newspaper on their findings. While they had some success on many of the rivers they didn't have any luck with the picky fish at Silver Creek. All of them seemed to have some kind of advanced degree in angler avoidance. :D :D Anyway I gave them some of my special peacock herl, copper wired carrot nymphs and they caught some fish. They left happily after that.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Real World Fly Fishing