A Surreal Fishing Experience?

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

A Surreal Fishing Experience?

Postby Yellowstone7 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:47 pm

Hi All:

Never would I have dreamt of fishing in the Philipines with a light flyrod and a size 20 Orange Para Dun for Makerel!!! :D Even for a trout purist like myself I found this experience totally "far out" (showing my age now!) and extremely fascinating. Thanks, Scottish Warrior for putting together some of the most interesting fishing outings found on RWFF. This just shows that there is no limit to genius and imagination! Pretty fantastic stuff. Just finished fishing the Zambesi outing with elephants bellowing in the background. The tigerfish must be a perfect candidate to earn the "fish from hell" prize! :D :D It is just ugly beyond believe. Caught a 31 inch with ugly teeth!

Keep up the great work, SW.....you have a true fan in Yellowstone7 now! :D :D :D

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: A Surreal Fishing Experience?

Postby Scottish Warrior » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:35 pm

Hi Yellowstone7, I am glad you like my surreal outings, I lived in Hong Kong for 2 years in May fu sun Chen ( spelling is probably wrong ) back in the 80's and enjoyed every moment of my stay and was offered a job with the Kowloon Police, which I declined. I am now working on 3 outings from the Tributary's of the Columbia River in Idaho which was a feature of an old Cowboy Movie which was on television, and after a little research I came up with some photos which covered the Snake River, Salmon River and the Shoshone Falls named after the tribe of Red Indians who did fish these waters in the early part of the last Century , I know sometimes I stretch the imagination over fish selection, but it is very difficult to find photos of the species which are found around the Philippines, with it's 7000 islands, which covers a vast area, but I do my best to bring a little variety and fun to the outings I create and having had no success
at creating new fish species, I rely on the kindness of other members of the forum, namely Richard to create a certain specie for me to include in an outing for which I am grateful ,I hope the purists among the forum can give a little leeway as I only want to help to make this game the most talked about Fly Fishing Sim available worldwide, as it is simply the best. Anyway my Regards to you and yours and Tight Lines, Martin ( Scottish Warrior ).
I am so glad to be part of this
Scottish Warrior

Re: A Surreal Fishing Experience?

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:25 am

Hi Martin:

Small and wonderous world this is, indeed! Thanks to the internet and RWFF now we can get together from all corners of the world. I am glad you liked Hong Kong. I know Mei Fu Sun Chuen, the area where you lived while you were here. It has not changed all that much since the day you left HK. Still crowded and busy as always!

Re: your outings....At first I thought your outings were a bit too far out but after I downloaded and fished some of them I found them to be extremely fascinating.... after all, this is the virtual world where anything, and everything can happen. I really like that idea a lot! :D :D

As you can tell from my "handle" I am from the fabulous Yellowstone River which runs from within the Yellowstone National Park all the way to Billings, Montana. A length of 150 miles, I think. The Yellowstone is considered to be a very important trout habitat and a major Blue Ribbon Stream in Montana. I sort of "grew up" around that area and knew the area very well....... having spent more time than I should fishing and camping there. :) :) The river that you spoke about in Idaho, I would guess that it should be the "River of No Return", or the Salmon River. I remember that movie well, starring Marilyn Monroe and Robert Mitchum. They floated down the River of No Return (Salmon River) on a raft to escape from hostile Indians.....Is this the one?? The Salmon River is beautiful, treacherous and spectacular in the lower reaches. You outing should be fantastic and I look forward to seeing and trying it. My son is an avid flyfisherman (my DNA?) :) and expert photographer and spends his summer months in Sun Valley, Idaho. I have asked him to take some pictures of the fabled Silver Creek near Hailey, Idaho, (where Ernest Hemingway used to hunt and fish) and also of the Yellowstone River when he goes up there next summer. Perhaps I can send you the photos and you can make a couple of outings out of those photographs? Knowing my son the quality of the photography will be nothing less than excellent. They will be worthy addition to the RWFF library.

The movie, "A River Runs Through It", starring Robert Redford, was filmed on the Yellowstone River, just below my ranch near Livingston, Montana. They wanted to rent my ranch house for the duration of the filming but I declined their generous offer as I didn't want the house burnt down during one of their infamous Hollywood parties. My good friend John Bailey (son of the legendary Dan Bailey) was the film's expert fishing adviser and acted as a double for Robert in some of the casting, boating and fishing scenes. It was amazing that they have such similar physical build and facial features! Right down to the color of their hair! It was a good film based on a flyfishing back drop.

Keep those wonderful outings coming. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts and work on the forum. :D

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Real World Fly Fishing