One very big Tarpon!!!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

One very big Tarpon!!!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:56 pm

Hi All:

I spent all night restoring my RWFF back to V.120....after putting some corrupted .rec files into a backup folder my affected sites stopped crashing! Some of the sites had to start afresh. With Richard's helful tip on catching a Tarpon I fish Trinidad and got very lucky :D :D .... caught a very nice fish of 59.18 inch....! I fished in Beginner mode, using a size 2 Dark Minnow C L, two split shots and at 4 foot depth. Took quite a while to land the fish as I was way into my backing. Finally success!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: One very big Tarpon!!!

Postby richwest » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:26 pm

Stanley,

What a great catch!!!

I have to admit you beat me!

I will be awaiting your scores.

Well done.

Regards Richard
richwest

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:44 pm

Hi Richard:

The year of the Ox must be a lucky year for me :D :D :D , at least as far as fishing is concerned! Look what else I caught tonight fishing for Pike with a new silver minnow that I just tied. Unbelievable! I will send you the record for the Tarpon, Pike and Carp so you can post them in the Club House scores. This is getting addictive :D :D !!!!!!

Best Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Barns » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:45 am

Hi all

I have had so many problems with my internet explorer, i also have gone back to version 120, this was the only way i could anything to work.
As you say good time for catching large fish,i also had a good nights fishing with a couple of big fish ie Snakehead 19.68, Giant Snakehead 39.95,
a Mangrove Jack at 17.98 and a Talapia 19.50.
Barns

Postby Yellowstone7 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:44 am

Hi Barns:

Good to hear you are going again! Great work catching all those large fish. Should post some pictures for all of us to see. Like my son Jason says, "my god, you don't even have to get your feet wet!" :D :D :D . I think Paul must have built in a seasonal factor into the fish activities. If not, this is food for thought?? Bigger and larger fish during the holiday seasons?

Seriously we must thank Geraldro for his fun and beautifully constructed outings and more than generous size fish that he has put into his work. Thanks :P Geraldro, Also thanks, Richard, for trying so hard to keep us fishing and having all this fun. You guys are the best!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby richwest » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:45 pm

Stanley,

The time of year is set in the outing by it's creator. One has to give a date in the outing.def file.

Regards Richard
richwest

Return to Real World Fly Fishing