New update available: 122

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Re: New update available: 122

Postby paul » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:32 pm

Interesting... This is going to get more complicated than I expected. I think there may be some cases where catching new fish with Build 122 (before the patch) may corrupt some record files. Your history will still be in the log file and that won't be effected, but if the game tried to load the records and got bad data, then added a new fish and saved it, then the record file has one piece of good data and remnants of the old. If you're getting crashes you can always clear out your record files (all the .rec files) entirely and start fresh, but hopefully that won't be necessary in most cases.

For those for whom the patch didn't help, here's an updated one that might solve it (depending on the circumstances on your computer): http://www.pishtech.com/rwffu122_patch_b.zip

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:45 pm

Hi Paul:

Downloaded the new patch and it didn't help. :cry: The program still crashes and shuts down when I click on the Fish Record button as before. Thanks for your intense effort. Is there something else to try besides deleting all the .rec files?

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby paul » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:24 pm

Yellowstone7, can you e-mail me some of the effected record files? Either the top10.rec from a fish folder or an outing folder where the records aren't showing up? You can e-mail them to me at paul@pishtech.com. I'd like to see what's going on in those files.

For anybody else using build 121 or 122, if your fish and outing files are very important to you please make a backup copy of them. You can make a "backup" folder in each file and outing folder and copy the *.rec files there.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:52 pm

Hi Paul:

Email with files on the way. Hope we can sort this thing out. :) :)

Best Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Previous

Return to Real World Fly Fishing