New update available: 122

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

New update available: 122

Postby paul » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:25 pm

Hey, folks. Since build 121 had a bug in the "All Species" selection, I've just uploaded build 122 that fixes that. So this release includes the customizable fly boxes, the function to select an outing by the species you want to fish for, and that bug fix. See the readme.txt file in the zip file for installation instructions. The download link is on the downloads page or you can get it directly with this link: http://www.pishtech.com/rwffu122.zip

Some people mentioned outings not showing up when expected when selecting an outing by the species. That would probably indicate some problem with the outing files. It could be that some other fish species is needed for the outing but isn't installed, or a food type may be missing. That seems to happen fairly often with custom outings, when the outing zip file doesn't include all the add-on species or food types it uses. I'm working on an enhancement that would detect missing fish or food files and report them whenever you try to start that outing. Hopefully that will help avoid problems when installing custom outings.

I've also been considering adding another new feature that I've always thought would be fun. That would be to allow two fly rigs, so you could fish any two flies together. When fishing for real I love to use a pair of flies, like a bead head nymph for weight and a smaller nymph or midge larva pattern below it. Or fishing a little brassie nymph under an elk-hair caddis dry fly that also serves as a strike indicator. I'm not yet sure how difficult it would be to get two fly rigs fishing realistically, but right now it's my leading candidate for the next new feature.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Re: New update available: 122

Postby geraldro » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:26 pm

Hi Paul,

Now everything works :D

I wait for the next update because I fish often with 2 flies, the second serving as indicator and a nymph in the first one :wink:

Thanks

Regards Gérald
geraldro

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:14 pm

Hi Paul:

Finally took the plunge and upgraded to V.122 :D The program seemed to work okay as promised but there are a couple olf glitches. All the original outings seemed to work just fine,(fishing, fish and outing records) a couple of custom outings had problems. Namely Trinidad and Wadden Sea Island, (there may be others with similiar problems but I haven't had time to look at them all yet.) Once catching a fish, I go to the fish records and the information on the screen is scrambled with unreadable text. Similar problem in the main screen on the outing records for these sites. No doubt something you will fix in a very short time! I thought the older and bolder text was better on the program and I kind of miss the hairy hand for sentimental reasons, I guess :D . Keep up the good work and get this excellent program perfected. I would like to give a couple of RWFF programs to some fishing friends, just to share the fun, and also to support the RWFF program. :) I will send you a PM re: some possible contacts for you.

Best Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Barns » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:38 pm

I have downloaded the new update, but i am now having problems. When i go fishing and catch , it is not logging the size of fish or species or beginner.
It is showimg 0.00 for fish size and various numbers and exclamation marks for everything else.

Please help

Barns
Barns

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:51 pm

Hi Paul:

I am having the same problems as Barns. Looking forward to another update and bug fix. :D :D

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby geraldro » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:08 pm

Hi Stanley and Barns,

I have no problem with update 122 , tested on 2 Pc, vista and Xp sp3 :(

Strange

Regards Gérald
geraldro

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:47 pm

Hi Geraldro:

Good to hear from you! I am on XP SP3 and I found errors on a few sites and species. In your "Beautiful Sites" I elected to fish for Perch and Chub. After I catch the fish and went to fish records I get this image. http://rapidshare.com/files/193115389/C ... r.JPG.html

This seems to be the case for Perch and Chubs, and not for brown trout. All of my fish and food files are updated. Strange problem for Paul to work on! Anyway of back dating the program to V.120? :D :D :D

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby richwest » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:35 pm

Hello,

I just fished Waddensea Islands and all logs went fine, see below.

Fish: 11.28 inch Mackerel from Wadden_Sea_Islands; Code: UVWPRPACMFZVOXPVCQAQJPZIQCXPFGSXYTDGVTSGHP
Fish: 11.85 inch Herring from Wadden_Sea_Islands; Code: VVYHSTWLDSFBCOOPAUWLGPJNTVMFSSFVIVBFOJILOW
Fish: 8.51 inch Herring from Wadden_Sea_Islands; Code: HGOWJIGBDQFZLVNRXRWUFPCWUCKZFISOOPLTJYOJFI
Fish: 12.73 inch Herring from Wadden_Sea_Islands; Code: DZCXXNLSOMUMMDMCUNPQVEUHXPJCPHECQUGLKNJLDL
Fish: 11.55 inch Herring from Wadden_Sea_Islands; Code: LRAHCSBQNQVLDTKCMGDFQGOEUVRMHGLHCHSQEBXJFI
Fish: 19.68 inch SeaBass from Wadden_Sea_Islands; Code: PTQWAQLSHIWMCRRSFFNWFBXVLCNFNNITVDSIDERUWL
Fish: 12.82 inch Mackerel from Wadden_Sea_Islands; Code: NBDOXLTKLROKIZWPHBSVNGBIPWYWFGPAWGGTHHICKJ
Fish: 12.46 inch Mackerel from Wadden_Sea_Islands; Code: ANJOEFMFEUHARAQVBHGWDHDQZCZWAQEMDKHWCSBRXS
Fish: 11.40 inch Herring from Wadden_Sea_Islands; Code: IKWIHXHZYIPGECJNJCWAGXHQWJQPQNXNEWJQGXMIKP
Fish: 12.90 inch Mackerel from Wadden_Sea_Islands; Code: OOZGIJXNVLMFTPZYZTHNROYUIJPYMLRYPUMVSVFERB
Fish: 14.65 inch Herring from Wadden_Sea_Islands; Code: CWFPTPLADIDXTJWESEMMSWATFDDMEGBHICPOBXDONP
Fish: 11.96 inch Mackerel from Wadden_Sea_Islands; Code: KPTXMGXNULYWAURUMZXERJTWNVDNEBKIUGNCJUXSCV

Did you guys copy all other folders from the update too?
You should do so except for the outings folder.

Regards Richard
richwest

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:26 am

Hi Richard:
I did copy all the folders from the new update. I looked at the caught fish file and everything seems to be there okay. I am having trouble with the "fish record" and "outing record" screen in the fishing page. After a fish is caught it would not register in the fish and outing records. It shows the fish as 0.00 and some text as per the attached picture in my previous post. I also fish in the expert mode and the record would show up as beginner mode. Strange problem this is. Can't wait to hear from others if they have the same problem. :D :D

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby paul » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:51 am

I'll certainly check into the issue with the records right away. While the flybox system and species selection shouldn't effect anything like that there's a chance some other changes in this build are effecting it. Those other changes involve some other news for RWFF:

There will soon be French and Spanish language versions available. These will be separate products published by a partner in Europe. I'm not sure how soon they'll be finished as some of the guide recording work still needs to be done, but we have versions with all the on-screen text in those languages. The European partner is also interested in adding German, maybe Italian, etc. We're starting with French and Spanish as my partner in fluent in those languages. Hopefully this will make RWFF more accessible for those who don't speak English.

Anyway, some of the changes to support other languages are included in the new update, which is the reason for the changed font. I updated the text system to allow for characters needed for those languages, and the fish lengths in those versions will be in centimeters. My hunch is that it's those changes that are causing the issue with fish records, so I'll look into that right away.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby paul » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:16 pm

Please give this a try: http://www.pishtech.com/rwffu122_patch.zip
Just unzip it in the game folder. The problem with the records files is what I suspected, related to upcoming versions for other languages. The good news is that the records are fine and it's just having trouble decrypting them. This patch should show your records correctly again. Please give it a shot. If it solves the problem for everybody I'll put it out with an updater as version 123 shortly.

Meanwhile I've just got the official files I need to support the Stix controllers, and I've already got most of the work done. I'll try to have the Stix support in build 123 as well. For those who wish they could fly fish using a wireless motion sensing controller like the Wii, this will make that possible.

Tight lines,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Barns » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:41 pm

Paul

I have downloaded and tried this patch but still getting the same answers. I am fishing Irish Waters for pike. It is still showing 0.00 or 95.00 and not where fish was caught.

Barns
Barns

Postby richwest » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:44 pm

Patch worked fine with me.

Everything is back to normal.

Regards Richard
richwest

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:03 pm

Hi Everyone:

Oooops! :oops: No go for me. I downloaded and unzipped the patch file into the RWFF game folder. I open the program, select Stanley, on the main menu I clicked "Fish Record" and my RWFF program just crashes and shuts down. I have redownloaded the new zip file again and installed it for the second time. Same results! :cry: :cry: I then started the main menu again and clicked on Outing Records and that seems to work. I checked the caught files and they were all intact. Just would not show up correctly in the fish record topic screen. I then go to one of the easier outings and caught a fish, clicked on the Fish Record and guess what? My program shuts down. :D Maybe my Acronis restore will take me back to V.120 for the time being. Can I back up the fish caught file and merge them with the new V.123 when it becomes available?

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby richwest » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:09 pm

Stanley,

The score_log.txt file does not keep the records, they are stored in separate files in the outingfolders.
So these won't get lost by upgrading.

Regards Richard
richwest

Next

Return to Real World Fly Fishing