27.46 inch Brown? Wow!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

27.46 inch Brown? Wow!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:05 am

Just downloaded Fishin Musician's Lackawaxen River. With Richard and Gary's help I finally got it to work. Went fishing with a Cutch Elkhair Muddler. In the second pool I caught a nice brown that is 27.46 inches long. Record brown trout for me. The Yellowstone river would have been proud of a fish that size! Definitely a wall fish for the Dan Bailey Wall of Fame! It was pretty exciting. Fishin Musician, how many big fish have you put into those beautiful pool? :D The pictures and scenery are truly gorgeous! Thanks for a great "outing".

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: 27.46 inch Brown? Wow!

Postby richwest » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:22 am

Stanley,

If you want, you can send me the caughtcode, which is to be found in the score_log.txt file.
And I will put your score to the species highscore list at the clubhouse.

You can send it to richwest@casema.nl

Regards Richard
richwest

Postby Fishin Musician » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:47 am

Looks like you win the prize Stanley :lol: I did put some lunkers in but not many. Our biggest Brown taken in the club was just over 26" many years ago, that I know of. The club has been around since 1939. My largest was 22" this year, and no we do not stock fish that big :) she was a hold over. We have 6+ miles of stream and a lot of places for the big ones to hide. I was at the club last week and the fall colors are amazing. Glad you like the outing
Fishin Musician

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:10 pm

I will send the caught code to Richard so he can post the fish in the club house. I don't really care if I caught the largest fish. I thought it would be fun to get some activities going in the club house. I hope other members will try harder and catch a brown trout larger than mine. Fishin Musician, thanks for putting in such a large surprise :D It is a real lunker! For those not familiar with the world famous Dan Bailey's Flyshop Wall of Fame located in the town of Livingston, Montana. This wall has some of the largest rainbows and brown trout caught in Montana on a fly. Bait caught fish are not allowed. The shape of the fish caught are painted on a wooden board with the date, location, fly used and name of angler. If I am not mistaken the largest fish is about 16 pounds. A true monster. The down side to getting a "Wall Fish" is that the angler would have to bring the fish in for official weighting, which sometimes also meant killing the magnificient fish in the process. "Wall Fish" were generally caught during the Salmon Fly hatches early in the summer, or by cold and hard streamer fishing with weighted sinking line and shooting heads late in the Fall. The real plus about "virtual" fishing is the fact that you don't have to kill the fish to get a thrill. :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:24 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention in my previous post, the minimum weight to qualify for a "Wall Fish" is 4 pounds! Avid flyfishing anglers from all over the world would come to Montana in the Fall to try to catch a Wall Fish. They would spend a lot of time, effort and money on the Montana rivers with professional guides. The average size of the larger fish caught during the past few years have been on the decline, however. :(
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Real World Fly Fishing