Hello from Hong Kong!!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Hello from Hong Kong!!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:49 pm

Hi Everyone: My name is Stanley and now I live in Hong Kong. Sorry, no worthwhile flyfishing here except for an occasional black bass and snakeheads in some of our restricted Resovoirs! First of all, I want to express my sincere thanks and appreciation for the people involved in producing the wonderful RWFF program and also the great people who are members of the flyfishing forum.

Prior to returning to Hong Kong I lived and flyfished on the West Coast of the US for over twenty years. I was priviledged to fish some of the most beautiful and spectacular stream, spring creeks and larger rivers in Montana, Idaho, Oregon and California. My summer home was near the town of Livingston, Montana, just north of the Yellowstone Park, with the mighty Yellowstone river just 150 yeards from my back door. The Yellowstone river hold some large rainbows and browns in famous lairs flamboyantly known as the Whore House Pool, Ice Box run, etc. Fishing is best done from a river boat but wading is possible in most of the riffles of the river.
I have spent a couple of weeks working with the RWFF program and found it to be very interesting and entertaining. The photographs of the river are beautiful and brings back a lot of fond memories. The program does crash at times, maybe a bit more work to work out the bugs? :wink: My son Jason is also an avid flyfisherman and spends his summer months at Sun Valley, Idaho. Jason is a prfessional photographer. I will try to convince him to produce a couple of "outings" for RWFF this coming summer. My choice would be the famous Silver Creek at Hailey, Idaho and also the Big Wood river which is very scenic and holds some fine trout population.

Looking forward to seeing you all and chatting with you on the Forum.

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Hello from Hong Kong!!

Postby Fishin Musician » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:53 am

Hello Stanley and welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will find it very friendly. If you are stil having problems with your computer crashing there are a few guys very good at answering and helping with that kind of problem. Unfortunatly I am not oneof them :( but I am sure if you post they will help you out.
Fishin Musician

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:07 am

Hi Fishin: Thanks for the welcome! I tried to download the Lackawaxen-River Folder Zip from File Front several times over the past week and the website said there was an Error, no server available for download. Is it just me or a server problem? Please let me know. Enjoyed your website very much. I tried to learn to play Flamingo guitar from an old Master when I lived in Spain many years ago without much success. My young son, now 21, plays electric Bass since he was a young child. Wish I lived near you so I can take some lessons from your music school. Good fishing! :)

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby richwest » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:06 pm

Hi ther Stanley,

Big welcome to our community.

My name is Richard, known as richwest on the forum, I'm the manager of the RWFF Clubhouse. Please let me know which outings bring download problems, so I can put a new link at the clubhouse, some guys have not reactivated their filedenaccount so the have expired.

I hope you enjoy our forum, visit our clubhouse too once a while!

Regards Richard
richwest

Postby Fishin Musician » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:12 pm

Hi Stanley,
I just check my FileFront account and download page and all is working fine on this end. Click "Download flies & outings" in my signature and that link will send you directly to my account where you will see the Lack. outing and some flies I tied which you should be able to download from there. Hope that helps.
Fishin Musician

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:53 pm

Hi Fishin: Thanks for your post. I followed your instructions and tried to download the Lackawaxen River zip file from File Front. The page opens, I click download on my choice file, then the page cycles several times and come up with this error message, "There was an error processing your request. Please wait while your request is retried in 10 seconds...If this error persists, please contact FileFront support." This is the same error that I got before.Hmmm..... strange problem. I have protection disabled on my XP to allow download of files. My anti virus program and Comodo firewall did not complain about the download. Any ideas on why this download does not work? I am scratching my head....Thanks for your help! :)
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby richwest » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:10 pm

Stanley,

I put the Lackawaxen foldr on my private server for you, try this location:

http://www.rwff.janrochat.com/Lackawaxen_River_Folder.zip

Hope this works for you!

Regards Richard
richwest

Postby Fishin Musician » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:43 pm

Thanks Richard. Hope that works for Stanley. This seemed to be an ongoing problem for people downloading each other outings in the past. I know it was talked about before but we really need a single place for all the outside outings. I know I had problems downloading other outings and some I just gave up on because it was taking to much time to figure out, like I said before I'm no computer guy :shock: just ask Paul when I was doing some beta testing for him :oops:
Fishin Musician

Postby nccorthu » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:48 pm

Great Country Idaho and Montana. If you have particular questions on the program and its crashing you might want to describe when it goes and post to the Tech support part of these forums.
Be sure to have the latest update running. Some of the earlier ones were kind of buggy at times
Gary Orthuber
nccorthu

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:55 pm

Thanks Richard, thanks Fishin Musician, The link you set up worked like a charm and I am downloaded now! I will install the program and give it a try. Yes, there has to be a better solution to downloading all the addons and outings. A centralized server as suggest by Fishin Musician would be a great solution. I tried to download some of the other addons and outings. The server was so extremely slow and it took a long time so I gave up. I am on an 8M line! I just gave my son Jason and a good friend of mine a couple of RWFF subscriptions as an early Christmas present. I hope they will enjoy the program as much as I do and will join the forum community. Again, guys, thanks for all you help. Really appreciate it! :D

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Fishin Musician » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:10 pm

:D Your welcome! Hope you enjoy the Creamton Club, we have some of the nicest water in the Northeast.
Fishin Musician

Postby richwest » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:48 am

I'm glad i could help.

As I've got a lot of outings on my server already, I will plan to put up the rest on my server too, somewhere
in the near future.

Regards Richard
richwest

Postby Cutch » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:17 pm

Good to hear from you, Stanley. :wink:
Cutch

Postby Yellowstone7 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:50 pm

Hi Cutch: Good to hear from you. :) You tie some great patterns. Caught my big brown on your muddler pattern. Where are you localed in Oregon? I used to tie all my own flies too when I lived in Montana. Spending too much time looking at financial documents and annual reports now :cry:
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Real World Fly Fishing