Changes to the Trophy Page

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Changes to the Trophy Page

Postby dcarp » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:24 pm

Hello Everyone!

There have been recent discussions "online" and "offline" about user created outings and about the amount of "realism" there is in those outings. I, for one, am a big proponent of keeping the game as real as possible, however, I also enjoy doing my part to clean out that lake in Berlin..........

The flood of new outings is incredible! It's great to see what other users are putting together for all of us to enjoy. Having built a couple outings myself, I realize the time and effort and want to thank everyone for their contributions.

While new outings and new species are a great addition, they also create a small problem for Peter, Massimo and myself when it comes to maintaining the "Trophy Page" at the clubhouse. We would like to make some minor changes to the rules and we're asking for YOUR HELP.

If you would like to participate, please download the following Download ZIP File

The file contains a form (in three common formats) that will allow you to classify each outing as follows:

Class A: Realistic populations and sizes of fish, relatively difficult to catch the largest fish (similar to typical fishing in the real world)

Class B: Somewhat exaggerated numbers or sizes of fish, or a realistic representation of an unusually easy fishing situation (possible, but very rare to find fishing like this in the real world)

Class C: Exaggerated numbers and sizes of fish (basically a fishing fantasy)

It will make more sense when you see the form. Please complete the form and email to myself (dcarp@wvi.com), Peter (Pethein@aol.com) , or Massimo (oppimax@libero.it) and we will tally up the results. Our initial plans are to only allow those outings classified as "A" on the Trophy Page.

Those outings classified as "B" and "C" will not be usable for Species Highscores. However, if the original builder of the outing feels his outing should be an "A", we would be happy to discuss it. The original builder of an outing will also have the option to modify their outing to make it more realistic and get it re-classified.
dcarp

Re: Changes to the Trophy Page

Postby taupo_tiger » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:06 pm

hello @all,

i will return my outing rating file - added with an additional line so called "category zero - did not fish enough to know"

all the best,
martin
:)
taupo_tiger

Return to Real World Fly Fishing