Biggest fish on a 2 weight?

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Biggest fish on a 2 weight?

Postby Hitman » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:21 am

I'm a light tackle fisherman in real life so I often tackle big fish on light flygear in this sim. What is your biggest catch on a 2weight rod in RWFF?
Mines a 21'' brown and it took over 5 minutes of full on battle.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p280/thephenom87/on2weight.jpg

I'm sure you guys have gotten bigger, lets see who's got the best one :wink:
Hitman

Re: Biggest fish on a 2 weight?

Postby gerdusloubser » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:11 am

Hi, Hitman

I think what you should be looking for is the biggest fish on the thinnest possible leader, as it is harder to catch a big fish with a heavy rod and a thin leader, than it is to catch one with a lighter rod and stronger leader. Anyway, my biggest fish on a 2wt rod is 29.46 inch brownie and I used a 7X leader. The record in the Clubhouse says I used a 4X leader, but it is in fact a 7X leader. I have a screenshot to verify that.
Cheers,
Gerdus
Good things come to those who wade.
gerdusloubser

Postby Pitti » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:38 am

The record in the Clubhouse says I used a 4X leader, but it is in fact a 7X leader. I have a screenshot to verify that

Gerdus,

why you don't told us about the wrong leader?
Please pm me (or Masssimo, Dave) the fishcode, and we will edit the record-list.

Regards Peter
Pitti

Postby gerdusloubser » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:50 pm

Hi, Peter

First of all, I appreciate what you guys are doing for the game more than you think and perhaps you disagree with me, but I really don't want to split hairs about things like leader strength and so forth. I'm not accusing anybody of anything. You, Massimo, Paul, Gerald, Richard, Cutch and many others make this a wonderful experience and I feel kind of guilty because I'm only leeching and not contributing to anything in particular. That would be the reason why I'm not gonna jump on every single little mistake that I spot (for example my name spelled incorrectly on my medal in the clubhouse). I'm sorry if I made It sound that you or anybody isn't doing his job properly, as I'm all too aware of the fact that this isn't your job, but that you do it for the love of the game. Furthermore, I don't believe that it's my job too proofread everything and if I'm willing to live with a mistake that isn't in my favor, it's my choice. The only reason why I mentioned the mistake in the clubhouse was to support my point about leader strength vs. rod weight. Last, I waited for an opportunity to get back at you for making a fool out of me in front of a whole living room of people. I got everyone on the end of their seat with a potentially record fish, only to end up with a red face for landing a worn out tire in your polluted German water (I mean this as a joke - seriously).

No hard feelings,
Gerdus
Good things come to those who wade.
gerdusloubser

Return to Real World Fly Fishing