Photobucket

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Photobucket

Postby rwwalleye » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:01 am

Hi everyone,
Anybody get an update for Photobucket, to be able to download and post them on the forum, as they consider 3rd party posting, they want $399.99 USD for just one year of use. That's rediculous. Anybody have any other sites to go to that's cheaper. When your on a fixed income that's insane. Any comments would be appreciated.
Roger (rwwalleye)
rwwalleye

Re: Photobucket

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:42 am

Hi Roger:

Many free image hosting sites and services, like Photobucket, started out as a free image hosting service but they are out to get your money sooner or later. Looks like it is sooner now. The price they charge is ridiculous for hobbyist, even way too much for commercial use so I would just ditch it and look for something else. I now use "Imgur" which is a free hosting image sharing service. Personally I like it after getting used to it so you might want to give this one a try.

Alternatively, you can input "free image hosting service" in a Google search and come up with many other names. Or you can use the many on cloud services available as well. Good luck and we will look forward to seeing your caught pictures again soon. :lol:

Best Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Photobucket

Postby rwwalleye » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:45 am

Hi Stanley,
Thanks for the info. Will give that site a try. Been busy still with doctors and hospitals. Dad was in hospital twice in the last 2 weeks and took mom to emergency room last night. Sciatic nerve in back giving her trouble. Dad still not doing well or as well as expected. A lot of running to do in next 2 weeks. Hopefully will be able to get another outing fished in the next couple of days. Computer still going strong, no problems. Hope all of you are doing well. Will talk to you soon.
Roger
rwwalleye

Return to Real World Fly Fishing