Fly Fishing Simulator update

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Fly Fishing Simulator update

Postby paul » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:48 pm

Hey, folks. I just released an update to FFS HD Premium on the Windows Store. The main change in this update is that it greatly speeds up the river downloads, to about 1/7 the time the current version takes.

I continue to release a river per week for the new version, and I've got a lot of travel planned for this year to shoot more locations. I expect to shoot more in the northeastern US, especially Maine, plus Michigan, Alaska, and the area around West Yellowstone. Saturday's new river is the Current River in Missouri, which was different than any trout water I'd visited. It's in a state park, one of Missouri's "trout parks", with a hatchery on site. They stock the river daily, based on the number of anglers they expect each day. As a result it's got no shortage of hungry 12 inch rainbows and browns, but they also release some big brood stock occasionally, so there's the chance to hook a real monster. In reality the few miles of trout water there get a few dozen of the big fish every year, out of a whopping 900,000 fish planted, so the monsters are super rare. I made them a little more common than that in the sim, but they're still pretty scarce.

Next weekend I'll release an outing on the Gallatin near it's mouth around Three Forks, Montana.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Return to Real World Fly Fishing